New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

Boot Camp - No Internet In Windows

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

sxeseis

sxeseis is an unknown at this point

Ok...

General problem... I cannot get any internet connect or anything what so ever on windows while in boot camp.

Other issues that came up that could be related...
After installing mac drivers this message came up everytime
"Error: -1603 Fatal error during installation.
consult eindows installer help(msi.chm) or MSDN for more information"

No idea what that means.
All the drivers that have no been install includes:
1. usb human interface device
2. usb device
3. Pci device
4. Pci device
5. Unknown
6. Ethernet Controller
7. Ethernet Controller

If anyone knows the answer to this problem that would be wonderful. I searched all over apple.com for answers but found none. Thanks for taking the time to look on this.

Running a MacBook Pro 15" - 2.16ghz intel duo/2gb ram/120 gb hd
QUOTE Thanks
alucard

alucard is a jewel in the roughalucard is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Mac Pro Quad 2.66GHz Intel Xeon W/3GB Ram & 250GB HDD

I hate to say it but i would redo the boot camp assistant and Mac drivers CD and start fresh. OR at the very least try to re burn the Mac drivers CD to a different brand CD-R. Try not to use a CD-RW.
QUOTE Thanks
sxeseis

Yea i already reburned the cd and tried that, but no change. If noone comes up with an answer by the end of the day then i will do what you suggest. Would i have to reformat my hd? or just delete the partition and then create another one?
QUOTE Thanks
alucard

alucard is a jewel in the roughalucard is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Mac Pro Quad 2.66GHz Intel Xeon W/3GB Ram & 250GB HDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxeseis View Post
Yea i already reburned the cd and tried that, but no change. If noone comes up with an answer by the end of the day then i will do what you suggest. Would i have to reformat my hd? or just delete the partition and then create another one?
Only delete the partition. Run the Boot Camp Assistant again and tell it you want to remove the XP partition. The run it again and tell it you want to create the partition.

Also, make sure you are using a good CD of Windows XP w/SP2. I've installed XP a few times on my wifes Macbook and my iMac with no errors. If it's giving you the above error its seems to me that its more of an XP OS error than anything else. Unfortunately the error you are getting seems to be with the Windows Installer. With windows xp its built into the OS. Whereas with 2000 you could uninstall and re install the windows installer program. In fact when XP has issues with it Microsoft tells you to A) Go back to a restore point when it worked or B)Re install windows xp.

Let me know if i can be of any help.
QUOTE Thanks
Adam

Adam will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 2 x 2.26 Quad, 6GB DDR3, iPhone 4

That was the error I got when trying to use the drivers cd in Vista. I had to extract the driver information from the cd to the hard drive then search for the drivers. Alternatively, before the installation rolls back load up device manager and do a search under each device. It will find the drivers and install them.

To extract run dinstall.exe /v/a
It should then prompt for a directory to place the drivers. Note that d: in your cd drive and install.exe is name of file. The /v/a need to be small letters.

hth

Ad
QUOTE Thanks
sxeseis

Thanks for all the information and help.
I ended up going to compusa and purchasing windows xp sp2 full...
That worked right off the bat.
Thanks for everything.
QUOTE Thanks
Kar98

Kar98 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Mac mini i5, 2.3Ghz dual core, 8 GB RAM, OSX 10.8.2

That's funny, because the first thing Windows did when I tried to install it under Parallels was steal the network card.

I has a signijer.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Parallels update 3060 | Can't remember name of software »