New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

bootcamp Installation Troubles

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jimmyleost

jimmyleost is on a distinguished road

I've installed the Bootcamp assistant thing, but I dont know where to go from there Can anyone help please!

Thanks!!

Jimmy
QUOTE Thanks
alucard

alucard is a jewel in the roughalucard is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Mac Pro Quad 2.66GHz Intel Xeon W/3GB Ram & 250GB HDD

First make sure you have a Windows XP SP2 CD. When you click on the bootcamp assistance program it will ask you to partition your hard drive. Using the slide bar let the computer know how much room you want to give windows. When you are done it will ask you to create a Mac CD that contains the drivers for windows. It will then tell you to put in the windows XP CD and reboot. From thier make sure to install windows on the C: partition (NOTHING ELSE!).
QUOTE Thanks
gblader

gblader is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook 2.0 ghz 1.25 RAM 60 GB

Also, if you have to repair the disk - which is the problem I ran into, you have to use the install CD that came with your macbook and run disk utilities from there. If you try to use disk utilities from your HD, it will probably be greyed out. That's just from my experience.
QUOTE Thanks
WannaMacPro

WannaMacPro is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac 24", 2.33Ghz Core 2 Duo, 7600GT 256mb, 250GB HD, 1GB RAM

I think you mean finding the Assistant, I didnt know where to find it either at first. You need to go to Applications > Utilities then click the Boot Camp Assistant.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« bootcamp xp home sp2 oem? | So annoyed!! »