New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus ē Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts ē Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

bootcamp won't recognise xp sp2 cd

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Quertis

Quertis is on a distinguished road

after i do the partiton and proceed with bootcamp, it asks me to insert the win xp cd. i put it in the drive and bootcamp doesn't see it. i'm using Microsoft Windows XP Professional (SP2).

does anyone know if there's a way around this?

thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
Guardian

Did you make the slipstream disk, maybe it didnt burn correctly
QUOTE Thanks
Quertis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian
Did you make the slipstream disk, maybe it didnt burn correctly
well the copy i have is sp2 so do i need to do that? how would i make that with toast anyways?
QUOTE Thanks
NanoBite

NanoBite is an unknown at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quertis
after i do the partiton and proceed with bootcamp, it asks me to insert the win xp cd. i put it in the drive and bootcamp doesn't see it. i'm using Microsoft Windows XP Professional (SP2).

does anyone know if there's a way around this?

thanks.
I found this:

http://forum.onmac.net/archive/index.php/t-730.html
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10.1, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

No, you do not need a SlipStreem CD. That is only if you have a say SP1 or lower CD. Is this XP SP2 CD a factory Microsoft CD or some copy? Also is it OEM?
QUOTE Thanks
Quertis

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtravis7
No, you do not need a SlipStreem CD. That is only if you have a say SP1 or lower CD. Is this XP SP2 CD a factory Microsoft CD or some copy? Also is it OEM?

ya, it's a copy of an sp2 cd. renaming doesn't make it work either.
QUOTE Thanks
NanoBite

NanoBite is an unknown at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quertis
ya, it's a copy of an sp2 cd.
Therein lies your problem, Quertis, I'm afraid...
QUOTE Thanks
Quertis

will xp pro corporate work if sp2 is intergrated? i might be able to get a deal on it.
QUOTE Thanks
Quertis

i've figured it out. just so you all know. the key to making this work is burning the .iso file on a pc. i originally burned the .iso using toast and other mac os x methods, to no avail. but when i burned the exact file on my friends pc in nero burning rom, it worked.

so that's the key.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Can you get viruses on Parallels? | Probably seen it before »