Mac Forums

Mac Forums (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/)
-   Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/running-windows-anything-else-your-mac/)
-   -   Does Flight Simulator X run well on Parallels or Boot Camp? (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/running-windows-anything-else-your-mac/43769-does-flight-simulator-x-run-well-parallels-boot-camp.html)

markw10 10-22-2006 01:03 AM

Does Flight Simulator X run well on Parallels or Boot Camp?

I have been a fan of Flight Simulator for a long time and now Flight Simulator X just came out. I know it requires heavy hardware. I am planning on upgrading to a MBP with the new models which should be out by early Jan, hopefully sooner :) I know hardware wise and with the graphics using Boot Camp it should be able to run Flight Simulator X.
My question, what about with Parallels? I highly prefer to run parallels over Boot Camp (so I don't have to reboot so often) but I know often Parallels won't run well with games.

With time will games run better under parallels?
Is there some mac equivalent of Flight Simulator X?

Most of all, in a worse case I'll give up parallels and go with boot camp or maybe even have to keep my Windows desktop.

baggss 10-22-2006 02:11 AM

You would probably be better running it under bootcamp as many games don't fair well in Parells...

mynameis 10-22-2006 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markw10
With time will games run better under parallels?

No, don't plan on it. Just use Boot Camp, overall its cheap and you won't have any issues running games.

applemarkhv 01-18-2007 10:53 AM

Hello,

I am trying to play fs 2004 in parallels, t are not able to due to the following problem:

when I try to start the game with the #4 dvd inserted, a message appears that it cannot open the game 'cause the # 4 disk is not insterted...... if I open 'my computer' I can see that the system sees the correct disk... iow, why is the game not seeing it?

If anybody has any suggestions on how to fix this I appreciate your postings.

Thanx,

Mark

Aptmunich 01-18-2007 02:33 PM

Forget it, Parallels doesn't support graphics cards yet... they will soon, but at the moment I'd be surprised if it runs at all.

ExWindows 07-13-2007 05:41 PM

Flight Simulator on Parallels or Boot Camp

I recently installed FSX running Parallels on a Mac Pro with XP as the guest OS. It won't run at all. I also tried it with Boot Camp and had a different problem that wouldn't allow it to run. I ran in to this forum while trying to find a cure.

timschroepfer 09-23-2007 11:14 PM

FSX Great in MBP via BootCamp 1.3

I am running FSX on my MBP on Vista with bootcamp 1.3. BC 1.4 did not install the video drivers correctly so I had to use 1.3. 24 frames per second with lots of detail. I am very happy with it.

MacuserMichael 10-28-2007 11:59 AM

I can't install flight simulator x deluxe

Hi,
I just got flight simulator and I can't install it on my Imac. My iMac is running bootcamp and mets all of the requirements but when I insert disc 1 it pops back out:Grimmace: . I inserted the second disc and it reads fine the only troble is the first disc.
Can someone please help me?

Aptmunich 10-28-2007 12:35 PM

Can other computers read the disc? If not, get in touch with MS and request a replacement.

MacuserMichael 10-28-2007 03:27 PM

Flight simulator x deluxe will not install

Hi,
Thaks a lot for your help. I cheked it on another IBM computer and yes it runs and opens the installation. Why won't it work on my iMac?:Grimmace:
Im running windows professional 2002 service pack 2 right now.

Thanks

NPuter 10-28-2007 06:12 PM

you installed the mac-win drivers, correct?

MacuserMichael 10-29-2007 11:00 AM

Yes I did

Yes I did. I even reinstalled all of them just to make sure. My iMac reads other games in Windows, I installed Chess Master 10th ediion and it ran great. Any thing else you think it might be, maybe a driver or something like that?

Thanks

MacuserMichael 10-29-2007 11:31 PM

Still Doesn't Work

Hi,
I just reinstalled windows and it still doesn't work! I even tryed putting the disk in a external disc reader and still nothing just loads and loads.
I am very frustrated right now. And have no idea what it is.
Does anybody please have any ideas.

Thanks

MacuserMichael 10-29-2007 11:33 PM

Hi,
One more thing I put in disc 2 and it comes up perfectly. I shows the disc fine but disc 1 is not opening.

MacuserMichael 10-30-2007 03:27 PM

Still Doesn't Work!

Hi,
I just got Windows Vista Home Basic and I succefully installed Vista on the Computer with all the drivers. But Flight Simulator x still doesn't work!! The computer reads the second disc fine but the 1 disc just loads for 10 seconds and then ejects. I also tryed inserting the disc when running osx (to see if the computer would read it) and still the same thing happens it loads for 10 seconds and then ejects.:Angry: It comes up perfectly on my friends PC.

Please Help Me:Oops:
Thanks