New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

Windows on external HD...

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

hotcha3

Hi,
I have a Macbook connected to an external HD+hub firewiere/usb.
I read in some forum that we could run Windows via bootcamp in a firewire HD. So i followed the instructions but it doesen't works:

I first installed Mac OS in the external HD, then i downloaded the latest firmware and Mac OS software. Then i Installed BootCamp, but i couldn't even partition it...it said bootcamo can't partition external HD.

I would really apprciate if someone could help me, and tell me if there's any way to partition the external HD via bootcamp or via any other way, so i can install Windows in the external HD...

Thanks in advance.
QUOTE Thanks
hotcha3

Please, can't someone help me ?
I just need to know if there's a way to partition an external HD with Bootcamp...
QUOTE Thanks
Adam

Adam will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 2 x 2.26 Quad, 6GB DDR3, iPhone 4

searching is a great thing

bootcamp on seperate hd??

:spook:
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« OS 9.1 emergency clone | OS 9.1 Sleep Mode »