New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

Windows 95 on a Mac

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Tessar

Hey guys!

I've used Windows my entire life, but now I'm switching to Mac (my main motivation is the sexy font... yes... I'm shallower than the red sea after it was parted).

I'm getting a straight up 1.83 MacBook--no changes.

Now, I'm a big fan of old games--I have a 13 year old PC that I use to play them, and it's running Windows 95. A lot of the games will only run on 95 (or 98--I don't have 98, though ). The computer's getting a little... old. It has... trouble... read: it's in it's last days. Life support can't be maintained much longer :p.

Here's my question: How on earth do I get Windows 95 onto a Mac? The thing I have for installing it uses a floppy and a cd--plus I think 95 overrides any other OS you have on the computer, which I don't want to do.
QUOTE Thanks
sursuciofla

You can't run 98 on mac. You use bootcamp but it requires XP SP2.
QUOTE Thanks
christm

christm is a jewel in the roughchristm is a jewel in the roughchristm is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1

you can only run xp SP2 on your mac

or linux
QUOTE Thanks
Tessar

Crap >.<
QUOTE Thanks
surfwax95

surfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs

Buy Parallels.

Run Windows 95.

I try to Command+Shift+/ when I can.
They're - Their - There | Two - Too - To | You're - Your | MAC - Mac
I was on the M-F honor roll for October, 2006.
QUOTE Thanks
Tessar

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!! Thank you!
QUOTE Thanks
spaceage tech

spaceage tech is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: MBP 1.83ghz/1.5gb RAM/ Superdrive/ 1 TERAbyte of storage on firewire and a 22" Viewsonic LCD

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfwax95
Buy Parallels.

Run Windows 95.

YEAH, I'd have to agree. Up to a point. Parallels isnt made for gaming, they tell you so on their site. The 3d is not going to be very good. You are welcome to try it but I'd say you're SOL. Sorry. You can try it. If you do though, I'd say max out the RAM on the notebook. Then allocate 1gb to 95.

Good luck.
J
QUOTE Thanks
Tessar

Most of the games aren't 3D--we're talkin' Interplay's Lord of the Rings, Bard's Tale, some old DND text/graphics scrollers... that kind of thing. Maybe a little Zork, if I'm in the mood :p.
QUOTE Thanks
sursuciofla

That's a new ipod shuffle
QUOTE Thanks
Tessar

Bleh, the shuffles suck :p. Plus I love my Zen mp3 player, so it's not like I need a new one *huggles it*.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« extended display | time problems! »