New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

Help with Internet connect and USB

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

fcgrabo

fcgrabo is on a distinguished road

I'm resurrecting my old (first) Mac, a PowerMac 6500 - 250. I have two problems preventing me from reaching my goal.

I have installed a larger hard drive and, using "OS 9 Helper", I have the machine up and running Mac OS 9.2.2. I want to use this old gem strictly for Classic gaming.

I have three other Macs (G5, G3, Intel mini) on a home network connected to a router and then to a Comcast cable modem. I can't get the Old Mac to offer me an ethernet option in the TCP/IP control panel. AppleTalk is always chosen for me by the Mac. I've tried using the Internet Setup Assistant and the OS Setup Assistant to no avail. This avenue of downloading files is the first snag.

The other snag is USB on the Old Mac. There are two USB ports on the back of the machine. My thumb drive (Windows format) is not recognized. My old original HD in an external enclosure is also not recognized.

Either way (without resorting to floppies) is the way I'd like to get files onto the Old Mac. Preferably both.

It's been quite a while since I dabbled in control panels and such. I hope one of you Classic Gurus out there can give me some help and perhaps point me in the right direction.

Thank you.

FCGrabo
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Wireless Keyboard/mouse still work in bootcamp? | My Idea (Bootcamp) »