New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

question about partition when running bootcamp

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

SinCity-2

SinCity-2 is on a distinguished road

i just need to know one more thing before i download boot camp beta for windows xp

i am aware of the partition that i will have to create . . say if i want to remove that partition and just have OS X running on my computer just as i had before installing boot camp, how easy of a process would that be? and how would i go about doing it?

help feedback is really appreciated

thank you
QUOTE Thanks
dohidied

dohidied is a jewel in the roughdohidied is a jewel in the roughdohidied is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 20" iMac 2.0 GHz Intel Core Duo, 12" iBook G4 1.07 GHz

To delete the partition all you do is go into the Boot Camp Assistant and choose "restore single partition". Simple as that.
QUOTE Thanks
SinCity-2

SinCity-2 is on a distinguished road

thanks for the help, ill definetly give bootcamp a shot
QUOTE Thanks
CT2

Hi there,

I just successfully install Window XP but due to some error during my many retry... now I have an 15GB partition on OSX HD (I install XP on the second bay HD). Could someone help, how to delete that partition without affecting OSX? I tried the disk utility and also iPartition... doesn't work.

I don't want to reinstall OSX. If I really have to, will my window XP in second HD be safe? Or I'll have to install bootcamp and window again too?

Many thanks
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iCab 3.03 printing error | need help with powerpoint for mac!! »