New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

iMac - whats a better solution . . .

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

SinCity-2

SinCity-2 is on a distinguished road

i have an Intel Imac, 2.0 GHZ Core Duo, 1.5 GHZ of RAM running Tiger

whats a better solution for botting Windows... Parallels Desktop or the BootCamp Beta?

i want to boot windows only for Gaming purposes and to use 3d studio Max

i need opinions, feedback is appreciated

thanks
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

Parallels doesn't support 3D graphics yet so bootcamp

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
SinCity-2

cool, thanks for the feedback

i got another question.. has anyone here using bootcamp for gaming and 3d graphics? how is it compared to using a PC for that sort of stuff?
QUOTE Thanks
Logan

Paralells you are running Windows below Macintosh.
So imagine:
you are running Windows AND OS X at the same time.
Even if your video card is supported in paralells, there is no way it will compete 100% with bootcamp windows.

Now if you go open Microsoft Office in Parallels, you probably won't notice the difference between paralells and bootcamp. But go start up a game that takes up 512mb of ram you'll notice it in a heartbeat.

Why?

When you use bootcamp, you are running Windows *natively*. That means there is no OS X backend, the performance is so well done it is as if you were running it on a PC itself of the exact same hardware! I have tested video game performance and it has been the same as if you were playing on a PC.

Ram doesn't have ghz btw... but with 1.5 gb of ram you should be just fine with playing games out there via bootcamp.
QUOTE Thanks
SinCity-2

Quote:
Ram doesn't have ghz btw...
ahahah my bad about that, i wasnt watching my own typing, anyways, thanks a great deal for the feedback, i really appreciate it.. ill definetly consider the boot camp beta

sorry to be a burden, but i ahve one more concern about boot camp . . i am aware of the partition that i will have to create . . say if i want to remove that partition and just have OS X running on my computer just as i had before installing boot camp, how easy of a process would that be?

again im sorry for being an annoyance

thanks
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

NOTE: Moved to BootCamp Forum

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« H/D speed in bootcamp | Driver Install Problem »