New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

Bootcamp driver installation problem

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

KhurramA

So I installed bootcamp and the driver cd, but the ethernet drivers and about 5 others which show up as "unknown" on the device manager have not been installed...i've heard quite a few people have had this problem and that the original drivers that apple released before the update work for the ethernet.

Does anyone know where I can go about getting the ethernet drivers and whatever else is missing?

Basically when I install the mac driver cd, it always hangs at the last part where it says "registering product" and I can't get it to finish. I dont know if that's the reason they arent' being installed but it could be. I even burned another driver cd with no luck.
Any advice?
i'm really lost without being able to access the net on windows...I need it for college based med programs before anyone asks why i'm using xp at all!

Any comments, or suggestions would be appreciated!
thanks
QUOTE Thanks
htdefiant

htdefiant is on a distinguished road

The hanging happens- you just have to wait. Sometime people don't see the popup that gives you 'Stop' or 'Continue Anyway' options. Make sure you are using Boot Camp 1.1.1

Windows on the Mac - Forums and free support for Boot Camp, Parallels, and VMWare.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Experience Installing Ubuntu "Dapper Drake" on PowerMac G5? | Installing Vista RC1 on MacBook Pro »