XP on MacbookPro - no multi screen... ATI Radeon not working??
    Hi eveyone,

I just installed Windows XP onto my MacbookPro. Everything went fine except that now I can't extend the monitor. (I need this because I do live video mix performance aka "VJing"). Do you think it's because I messed up the driver for ATI Radeon X1600? Any suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Thanks!! :miner:

Logan
    1) Are you using Bootcamp?
    2) If yes, did you use the bootcamp Mac Driver Disc to install drivers for your MacBook Pro?
    3) Did you install ATI drivers from their website after the Mac Drive Disc?

Quote Originally Posted by Logan
    1) Are you using Bootcamp?
    2) If yes, did you use the bootcamp Mac Driver Disc to install drivers for your MacBook Pro?
    3) Did you install ATI drivers from their website after the Mac Drive Disc?
    Yes, I went to ATI site and installed the driver, but it still doesn;t work.

Design Agent

Logan
    So did you try it prior to installing ATI driver support (with just Mac Drivers installed) ?

Remember that there may be specially crafted hardware in your Radeon X1600 for macs, so as funny as this sounds: Running XP on an ATI Radeon 1600 vid card via mac hardware may require different instructions to control than an Windows XP machine with an ATI Radeon 1600 vid card via PC. If this is true, downloading the drivers for WinXP via ATI's website may have made it confused on how to send instructions to the second video out port. You may have success using the drivers provided on the mac disc.

But don't take the above was written in stone, it's entirely theoretical until someone else can support that my guess is accurate in the situation.

I have the Boot Camp 1.1 drivers installed, dual monitors works fine for me. I would try those drivers.

After re-installing XP and drivers from the CD I finally got it worked, BUT.... now the extended monitor is in black/white and totally jagged...

mynameis, could you please let me know exactly where you downloaded the driver? (I know the problem is not the adapter, because I tested it in other machine and works fine.)

many thanks!

Design Agent

Have you tried Boot Camp 1.1.1 yet?
    Windows on the Mac - Forums and free support for Boot Camp, Parallels, and VMWare.

Thread Information