bootcamp:aim install problems
    When I go to install aim 5.9, it gets most of the way through then this blue screen appears and windows restarts. Any ideas guys? I installed the triton beta successfully, but when i log in, the same blue screen flashes and I restart.
    -greg P

Logan
    It means your hardware is rejecting the software you are installing (AKA: AOL software + Microshaft = gag reflex on macintosh).

Just kidding. You may be able to track down the BSOD and see what device is exactly giving the error, but for the lazy fix just install GAIM. You won't get advertisements then at least.

It's strange a software install is invoking a BSOD-worthy event though. Have you tried to install any other applications to see if it was just AIM giving BSOD?

I got this crazy error report. It reads "during the crash analysis, we noticed the basic input/output (bios) system version on this computer does not match the specifications for the processor that is installed on your computer. This can occur when a newer proccesor is installed on an older system board or older bios. Using a bios that does not support the installed preoccesor can result in windows system crashes. please contact your computer manufactuer or motherboard manufactuer for an updated version of the bios for your computers proccesor." I hate windows!!!!!

i've installed counterstrike and that works fine, no blue screen of death at all.

Quote Originally Posted by precisionelite
    i've installed counterstrike and that works fine, no blue screen of death at all.
    so i had my digi cam ready to take a pic of the blue screen of death...and aim installed perfectly. windows *raises fist* oh well.

Specs:
    Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
    What did you expect... it IS windows...

I have had problems installing AIM on my Dell running XP...meebo.com is a good web-based alternative as well.
    Windows on the Mac - Forums and free support for Boot Camp, Parallels, and VMWare.

Specs:
    MacBook
    Quote Originally Posted by Aptmunich
    What did you expect... it IS windows...
    Not to mention AIM as well.

:black:

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
    MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
    Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

Thread Information