New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

windows can't connect to net

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

precisionelite

precisionelite is on a distinguished road

I'm currently at college and connected to their internet via ethernet. now my macbook detects the network fine. But when I use windows I can't get on the internet...what gives? by the way the bootcamp installation went great. The only hitch was it was givin me some error about the apple keyboard not being certified or some such nonesense. I told it to instal anyway. any help would be greatly appreciated.
QUOTE Thanks
precisionelite

I also can't get any sound in windows because it says "there are no mixers detected". So I go into the "add new hardware" wizard, and there are like 100 things no added. Including the proccessors, i'm so confused. How do I get sound?
QUOTE Thanks
NanoBite

NanoBite is an unknown at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by precisionelite
I'm currently at college and connected to their internet via ethernet. now my macbook detects the network fine. But when I use windows I can't get on the internet...what gives? by the way the bootcamp installation went great. The only hitch was it was givin me some error about the apple keyboard not being certified or some such nonesense. I told it to instal anyway. any help would be greatly appreciated.
Hi precisionelite!

Just to clarify....your macbook is recognising the network ethernet connection, no probs there.

You have bootcamp installed and when you re-boot into XP you have neither sound nor is Windows able to connect to the internet. :dive:
QUOTE Thanks
precisionelite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulse-8
Hi precisionelite!

Just to clarify....your macbook is recognising the network ethernet connection, no probs there.

You have bootcamp installed and when you re-boot into XP you have neither sound nor is Windows able to connect to the internet. :dive:
yea i think some of the drivers didn't install, i'm gonna do the install again.
QUOTE Thanks
Anti-Wack

I had the same problem. After trying the whole partition and install thing twice, I realized my XP CD didn't have SP2. I got a new version with SP2 and it installed without a hitch and everything works. Is it possible you don't have SP2 on your XP?
QUOTE Thanks
precisionelite

no, it says SP2 on the disk. When I restart my computer and it goes to the white screen there is a folder with a question mark(solid, not flashing) then I see the apple logo and it loads. What does this mean?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« install bootcamp with wireless keyboard/mouse? | WinXP wihtout SP2 install? »