New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

Bootcamp installation problem after restart

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

lust4life

Hello all. I just got a new MacBok Pro 15" and I was trying to install BootCamp a few hours ago. I got everything ready: got my firmware updated, finished the parition part, and I was ready to restart the computer for further installation (that's the step prior to choosing C: ). As my Mac restarted, it would run the Windows XP SP2 disc in my drive for a few minutes until it got to the screen where it said "Welcome to Windows Setup!" Then it asked me to press 'enter' to continue the installation. I did so but nothing happened. It just stayed on the screen. I pressed 'enter' again but there was no response. I even tried pressing the other keys (i.e. F3 for quitting) but none of the keys indicated worked. Does this happen to anybody ever? Does anyone know a solution for this?

Thank you.

- HC
QUOTE Thanks
Arichards

Arichards is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook 1.83Ghz, 1GB Ram, 60GB HD. 19in. external display, bluetooth keyboard and mouse. Closed Lid.

It happened to me, I had numerous issues with mine stalling and freezing half-way through the process. It took a while, but somehow it eventually worked. I am using a Dell CD however, with SP1. Through persistance it worked somehow. Nevertheless, the mac drivers CD that I burned prior to the installation of Windows XP crashes at the end of it's driver setup. This is the error code I get...

"Error:- 1603 Fatal error during installation consult windows installer help (msi.chm) or MSDN for more information."

The graphics driver installed O.K., but I still have no drivers for Ethernet, wireless drivers, or some USB driver...

I dunno, the whole thing is still a bit shakey...

My advice is, keep trying! You never know with windows when it's going to work... sometimes it just does for no apparent reason.

~Good luck.
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arichards
It happened to me, I had numerous issues with mine stalling and freezing half-way through the process. It took a while, but somehow it eventually worked. I am using a Dell CD however, with SP1. Through persistance it worked somehow. Nevertheless, the mac drivers CD that I burned prior to the installation of Windows XP crashes at the end of it's driver setup. This is the error code I get...

"Error:- 1603 Fatal error during installation consult windows installer help (msi.chm) or MSDN for more information."

The graphics driver installed O.K., but I still have no drivers for Ethernet, wireless drivers, or some USB driver...

I dunno, the whole thing is still a bit shakey...

My advice is, keep trying! You never know with windows when it's going to work... sometimes it just does for no apparent reason.

~Good luck.
That is because it was designed for use with Win XP SP2... you aren't using a compatible version. It likely will never work for you personally until you use the correct version of Windows.

To the OP, BootCamp is beta for a reason.
Just keep trying it and read here for more info:

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=303572

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« imac widescreen format | Can't install mac driver CD on windows XP! »