New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

Does the NAVY use Windows XP?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Djin

http://tomahawk.ytmnd.com/

It's so advanced!
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

No, they use HPUX as the OS for mission critical systems such as the Tomahawk weapons System, Aegis and others. Programs that are not COTS (Commercial off the shelf) based are older and written in proprietary code. They do use Win2K and XP for PC based apps such as e-mail and chat applications, as well as some other peripheral jobs for communications and data networking.

QUOTE Thanks
Djin

Quote:
Originally Posted by baggss
No, they use HPUX as the OS for mission critical systems such as the Tomahawk weapons System, Aegis and others. Programs that are not COTS (Commercial off the shelf) based are older and written in proprietary code. They do use Win2K and XP for PC based apps such as e-mail and chat applications, as well as some other peripheral jobs for communications and data networking.
You just killed all the fun in that joke. neye:
QUOTE Thanks
puaerotch

puaerotch is a glorious beacon of lightpuaerotch is a glorious beacon of lightpuaerotch is a glorious beacon of lightpuaerotch is a glorious beacon of lightpuaerotch is a glorious beacon of lightpuaerotch is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: iBook G4 OSX Tiger

i heard this a long time ago. made perfect sense to me... if you want the audio portion of that without that annoying background you can find it here: http://www.micom.net/oops/USAF%20Training.wav
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelstumpf
i heard this a long time ago. made perfect sense to me... if you want the audio portion of that without that annoying background you can find it here: http://www.micom.net/oops/USAF%20Training.wav

That is a classic. If you know any missile engineers (I do), they will laugh the loudest.

QUOTE Thanks
fearlessfreap24

fearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D

they (I) also use Sun Solaris 9 and 10.

QUOTE Thanks
baggss

True, they do. I forgot about those.

QUOTE Thanks
fyrman22

fyrman22 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro, Mac Mini, TV, iPhone, Nano

Mind-Numbingly advanced........
Whatever he said.

QUOTE Thanks
baggss

Not really, it's just another UNIX with a pretty GUI on it....

QUOTE Thanks
BlindingLights

BlindingLights is a jewel in the roughBlindingLights is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iMac 17" Intel Core Duo 1.83GHz 512 MB Ram 128 vRAM 60GB HD

that just went RIGHT OVER peoples heads...

THAT WAS HILARIOUS ROFLMAOLOLROTFLMAO!!!

too funny... haha that's good.

but in seriousness, they probably use Solaris, and probably a lot of unix-based oses, some probably even use linux.

the back of our computer looks better than the front of theirs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_boy22
i can store many dvds on 1 floppy so it's essential to me
QUOTE Thanks
technologist

technologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)

Open your hard disk.
Open your System folder.
Open the Library folder inside the System folder
...CoreServices...
...SecurityAgentPlugins...
...control-click on SCLoginPlugin.bundle and select "Show Package Contents"
open the Contents folder
...Resources...
and open Navy_Seal.tif

The Navy, Army, Air Force, and other branches' seals are all there, so that Mac OS X can be configured to display them at login when set up by government sysadmins for use by the military.
QUOTE Thanks
Brown Study

Brown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to all
Mac Specs: G4 Tiger and OS 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by technologist
The Navy, Army, Air Force, and other branches' seals are all there, so that Mac OS X can be configured to display them at login when set up by government sysadmins for use by the military.
I wonder whether these pix are in Macs sold in China and Iran, for instance geez, maybe even France.

They're in mine (or were) purchased in Toronto.
QUOTE Thanks
TBoblp

TBoblp is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 20" Intel iMac, 15" Powerbook G4 (sold), 20GB iPod (nearing death)

If you write it down, or make little notes it does make perfect sense. Althought he uses strange terms for explaining a mathematic process

Jazz is life

"Master your instrument, master the music, and then forget all that **** and just play.
-Charlie Parker
QUOTE Thanks
Beatles4Life

Beatles4Life is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Norwood is a 15 inch MacBook Pro from September 2010 with 10.9 - yay!

::follow's technologist's directions::

Whoa, that's bizarre... ::eyes get really big::

"Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted" - John Lennon.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« How to auto start IE5.1 or R Access when connecting to the net | Boot Camp Issue with Keyboard »