New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

Vista is "a warmed over copy of Mac OS X Tiger"

Thread Closed

Smartz

Smartz is on a distinguished road

wooo

Come on guys lets calm down a bit. At the end of the day there is no real Mac-Windows stereotypes because we all want to be gettingthe best from our systems. I would love to openly invite every dissatisfied Windows User to the Mac world. **** if there is something you would like to change and you are willing to have a slight learning curve then OSX on a mac is the best. My one sadness in life is that Apple do not promote OSX enough, if the lay man knew the massive advatanges over windows then perhaps more Mac units would be shifted. I am not a Mac elitist and feel tha i would like everyone to participate in the mac party!
techster82

techster82 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Unibody Macbook 2.0, Blackberry Bold (Good Riddance iPhone)

I think it's hilarious that some of you went crazy over my comment about imitation being flattery when it was a pro-Apple statement. If Microsoft feels the need to mimic OS X because it is a better operating system then Apple should walk around with it's chest poked out. Do some of you just sit their waiting until I post a comment so you can automatically attack it?
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

There was some ambiguity about what you were trying to say.

iRepublican

iRepublican is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: IMAC 20" Intel Core Duo

Quote:
Originally Posted by baggss
I If you want to go praise MS and Windows, go find a Windows forum.
Sounds like you need to grow up.The real world (nor forums) cater to just what you like.

You've been eating too much rainbow stew with a silver spoon. :dummy:
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

Excuse me? The name of the Forums are "Mac-Forums" so therefore it is, by design, intended to be a place to discuss "Mac related issues". If this were a general computer forum, I might agree, but this IS a Mac based forum Which part of that don't you seem to get?

As for growing up, perhaps you should take some of your own advise. Since your profile doesn't show that you own any Macs, one can guess that you are here simply to stir up trouble and start a flame war.

techster82

techster82 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Unibody Macbook 2.0, Blackberry Bold (Good Riddance iPhone)

baggss, I fully understand where you are coming from not thinking that Windows should be talked about on a mac forum. But on the other side of the argument, running XP on "Macs" is a viable and soon to be supported function from Apple. This leads me to think that because it has EVERYTHING to do with Macs, there should be an area of the forum for topics such as these to be discussed. Until that is set up, we are going to continue to see people going back and forth on the issue, and alot of diehard Apple users are going to continue to be upset about Windows discussion.
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Techster82, Agreed.

Also, I have nothing against a little talk about Windows as long as it does not turn into a war. Lately that has happened a lot.
lil

*tries to remember what she posted this thread for...*

Ahem. Anyway, I need my asbestos suit. :flower:

Vicky
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil
*tries to remember what she posted this thread for...*

Ahem. Anyway, I need my asbestos suit. :flower:

Vicky
I put on mine last night!!

:spook:
baggss

Quote:
Originally Posted by techster82
baggss, I fully understand where you are coming from not thinking that Windows should be talked about on a mac forum. But on the other side of the argument, running XP on "Macs" is a viable and soon to be supported function from Apple. This leads me to think that because it has EVERYTHING to do with Macs, there should be an area of the forum for topics such as these to be discussed. Until that is set up, we are going to continue to see people going back and forth on the issue, and alot of diehard Apple users are going to continue to be upset about Windows discussion.
I agree. If the forum staff decide to set a Windows on mac forum, I would be all for it. I can understand that there are those, yourself included, dislike it when folks mindlessly bash Windows, just like there are folks ,like me, who dislike a lot of general Windows discussion on a Mac forum. I think there is a compromise to made and I think you and I both agree on what it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtravis7
I put on mine last night!!

:spook:
Trust me, while this may have been flaming for this forum, there are places I frequent where this would be considered a "Civilized" discussion.

dtravis7

Quote:
Originally Posted by baggss
Trust me, while this may have been flaming for this forum, there are places I frequent where this would be considered a "Civilized" discussion.

I know what you mean. I am on other forums where it gets a bit nasty. Ususlly though people like MacAnal would be banned and IP Blocked where I hang out as they are there just to cause a war. On Anandtech Forums we had a dood who called himself GUTB for Guy Under the Bridge. he was banned and IP Blocked, so he came back and used AOL. AOL would not deal with him so a ban was placed on ALL AOL IP address's. It's still in effect.
MJGUK

Like I've said before, it's not my decision etc....
But just in terms of my personal opinion, I tend to feel that I came here to talk about Macs (OS X) and not Windows and that if people want to talk about Windows they should do so in either a section designed for the subject, or a limited amount of threads.
It seems to me that a certain number of people, generally new users with 10 posts or less are running around just deliberately trying to cause problems and in my view, that is neither welcome nor very productive. That is of course, just my view.
baggss

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJGUK
But just in terms of my personal opinion, I tend to feel that I came here to talk about Macs (OS X) and not Windows and that if people want to talk about Windows they should do so in either a section designed for the subject, or a limited amount of threads.
It seems to me that a certain number of people, generally new users with 10 posts or less are running around just deliberately trying to cause problems and in my view, that is neither welcome nor very productive. That is of course, just my view.
For those who support a "Windows on Mac forum" creation here, please chime in in THIS thread.

scooter

scooter has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 2.6 GHz, 4 GB, 200 GB, 256MB Vid

Quote:
it should almost be part of the Switcher area, since that is dedicated to those who are just coming from Windows and are learning OSX. :dummy:

Quote:
seems to me that a certain number of people, generally new users with 10 posts or less are running around just deliberately trying to cause problems and in my view, that is neither welcome nor very productive. That is of course, just my view.
i'm on a number of forums and you will always find those who just like to kick over the anthill to provoke a response. :p

From a G4 400MHz to an Intel Mac Mini to iMac Core Duo to a Macbook Pro 2.6GHz.............gotta love Apple!
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

Closed.

Flaming and personal bickering are not permitted. Consider this a warning to everyone involved.

We are not like other forums, we don't allow what might be allowed elsewhere and it's part of the reason we have such a loyal base of followers. They enjoy not having to deal with the garbage that goes on elsewhere.

We're here to help each other, have good, thought provoking discussions and have a good time.

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

Thread Closed

« Is there a screensaver generator... | Mac Os 8 - 9 ??? I can find nowhere:: »