New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

friggin x11

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

slicpinoy

i upgraded my ibook to the x11 - and I am trying to get open office on my pc and when I try to install open office, nothing happens...I am assuming that the x11 file is not working properly or not installed, is there a way I can properly install open office, I am a new user to apple...just to let all know
QUOTE Thanks
coach_z

coach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: i dont have no mac's

have you tried the faq section of the openoffice.org website?
-chris

MoTM honor roll...
when?
i dont remember
QUOTE Thanks
slicpinoy

yes I have, it says to go to the applie upgrade portion of the site, and get the x11, and it states to show me the xfree86, which is similar and I try to run it and it still does nothing
QUOTE Thanks
coach_z

coach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to behold

what version of os x do you have? 10.0, 10.1 10.2 10.3 or 10.4?
also what version of open office are you trying to install?
-chris

MoTM honor roll...
when?
i dont remember
QUOTE Thanks
coach_z

been here right?
-chris

MoTM honor roll...
when?
i dont remember
QUOTE Thanks
slicpinoy

I just bought it and it made an update like 2 days ago, so I assume the latest its the ibook g4 and the latest openoffice 2.0. the stable one
QUOTE Thanks
coach_z

did you download x11 from the website (http://www.apple.com/downloads/macos...formacosx.html) or install it from your disks???

edit: sorry i am relatively stupid tonight

MoTM honor roll...
when?
i dont remember
QUOTE Thanks
slicpinoy

i downloaded it from that site you have there, then that didnt work cause it wont let me install it sayin that I have a newer version on my mac, so I tried to get the xfree86 file, and no luck with that, and when I did it form the CD same thing it wont let me install as it says there is a newer version already installed
QUOTE Thanks
coach_z

aim: bl1ngbl1ngg4
-chris

MoTM honor roll...
when?
i dont remember
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

I use the X11 off the Install DVD in the Aditional Software folder. Will get you a path later after dinner if you don't figure it out before then.
QUOTE Thanks
slicpinoy

well I did use it off the dvd and it wont let me cause it says there is a newer version on my mac, i guess from the update - talking to coach z on aim
QUOTE Thanks
slicpinoy

I will post my update
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicpinoy
I will post my update
Ok do that. I am free now if you are still having issues. There are 2 installers on the OSX DVD that sometimes confuse people. Only one will work.

There was a thread here on X11 were we solved it for a user. I will try and find it.
QUOTE Thanks
coach_z

i figured out that his openoffice file was still in the dmg and suggested he drag it to his apps folder and then try to run it
-chris

MoTM honor roll...
when?
i dont remember
QUOTE Thanks
slicpinoy

I have dragged dropped the openoffice.org 2.0 into the application folder, it took 1 min to copy all files, and the same thing happened, it pop up in the system tray, and then it disappears after 30secs...and after that nothing happened
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« SWF - Flash Printing | Menushade 0.7 »