New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

IP Address?????

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Robin D.Paullin

I have just installed OS 9.2 in my Beige G3, and I am being asked questions that I can't answer.
1- IP Address
2-Subnet Mask
3-Router Address

I really don't know how to find any of the above.

Please help, thanks

Beige G3--15 gb hdd--320 mb ram--266 mhz cpu
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

It has been a while since worked in OS 9. Be sure that you have you system set to automatic when it comes the IP address. If you are connect straight to the modem, then you ISP will serve you an IP address. If you are connect to a router then you will need to enable DHCP.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
Kar98

Kar98 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Mac mini i5, 2.3Ghz dual core, 8 GB RAM, OSX 10.8.2

Anybody know if the beastie can fetch all that from a DHCP server automatically? If not, do you have other computers in your network? You could just copy the info from these (changing the last digit of the IP address, of course).
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.1, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS IPad1

Is this computer connected to a network or DSL?? Is this the setup assistant asking you these questions or are you just trying to set up networking?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« scanner works in os x but not os 9 - what have I done? | Entourage - Again »