Thread: Entourage 2004

shane440
    Entourage 2004
    Within our organization we use Entourage 2004 configured to retrieve mail from our Exchange server. We have around 50 MAC users and two of our users are unable to delete mail from there Entourage mailbox. I do not receive any errors when I try to delete the message. I am able to login to a Intel machine with Outlook and delete mail with no problems. I have tested setting up the users on other working MACs with Entourage with no success. The Macs have all the Office updates that the update manager can find. I have tried rebuilding the database with the database utility, no go there either. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Shane

Have you checked the settings to make sure the accounts are not set up to leave the mail on the mail server? If that option is not chosen, I would try re-installing Entourage.
    New MacBookPro | 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo |2 GB RAMMac OS X Leopard Version 10.5.5 | iPod Touch 8 GB | iPod Classic 80 GB

shane440
    Thanks for the reply
    Quote Originally Posted by youthpastor
    Have you checked the settings to make sure the accounts are not set up to leave the mail on the mail server? If that option is not chosen, I would try re-installing Entourage.

I have checked those setting and have re-installed with no success. If I am to move mail from my Entourage account configured through Exchange and move it to the locally stored mailbox in Entourage I can delete mail. This is a big mystery because it is only occurring with two user accounts.

Shane

Specs:
    ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
    Quote Originally Posted by shane440
    I have checked those setting and have re-installed with no success. If I am to move mail from my Entourage account configured through Exchange and move it to the locally stored mailbox in Entourage I can delete mail. This is a big mystery because it is only occurring with two user accounts.

Shane

give them a different name on their account or give them new accounts

:mac:

graymatter
    Good day,

Is it possible to set up a group from Entourage on a MS Exchange server. I know I can do this locally.

Thank you.

Thread Information