New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

Entourage 2004

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

shane440

Within our organization we use Entourage 2004 configured to retrieve mail from our Exchange server. We have around 50 MAC users and two of our users are unable to delete mail from there Entourage mailbox. I do not receive any errors when I try to delete the message. I am able to login to a Intel machine with Outlook and delete mail with no problems. I have tested setting up the users on other working MACs with Entourage with no success. The Macs have all the Office updates that the update manager can find. I have tried rebuilding the database with the database utility, no go there either. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Shane
QUOTE Thanks
youthpastor

youthpastor will become famous soon enough

Have you checked the settings to make sure the accounts are not set up to leave the mail on the mail server? If that option is not chosen, I would try re-installing Entourage.

New MacBookPro | 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo |2 GB RAMMac OS X Leopard Version 10.5.5 | iPod Touch 8 GB | iPod Classic 80 GB
QUOTE Thanks
shane440

Quote:
Originally Posted by youthpastor
Have you checked the settings to make sure the accounts are not set up to leave the mail on the mail server? If that option is not chosen, I would try re-installing Entourage.

I have checked those setting and have re-installed with no success. If I am to move mail from my Entourage account configured through Exchange and move it to the locally stored mailbox in Entourage I can delete mail. This is a big mystery because it is only occurring with two user accounts.

Shane
QUOTE Thanks
christm

christm is a jewel in the roughchristm is a jewel in the roughchristm is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane440
I have checked those setting and have re-installed with no success. If I am to move mail from my Entourage account configured through Exchange and move it to the locally stored mailbox in Entourage I can delete mail. This is a big mystery because it is only occurring with two user accounts.

Shane

give them a different name on their account or give them new accounts

:mac:
QUOTE Thanks
graymatter

Good day,

Is it possible to set up a group from Entourage on a MS Exchange server. I know I can do this locally.

Thank you.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« External HD + Mac worries | Can I run Test Drive Unlimited? »