Specs:
    2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.11, 8 GB mem, iPhone 6+
    Recovering data from raw partition
    Attention Fellow Mods - Move this if you think of a better place for it.

I had an Iomega EZ Backup on my network that served as the storage point for my iTunes library. Recently I started moving a large number of files from one folder into the Movie portion of the library. I had intended to move aliases there but that's another story.

After a few minutes of copying the drive basically became unresponsive. Eventually I powered down the drive and restarted it. Initially there web interface could "see" the drive but I could not open the share. The Finder refused to see it at all.

I finally got around to removing the drive from the enclosure and attaching it to the Mac. Disk Utility says the drive needs to be formatted while my Win 7 virtual machine sees the drive as "RAW". Any free/cheap recovery options? Even in Windows. I've seen several but some come from companies that seem shoddy.

Not going to spend much on this since I have already recovered most of the library.
    "Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, Sierra
    I finally got around to removing the drive from the enclosure and attaching it to the Mac. Disk Utility says the drive needs to be formatted while my Win 7 virtual machine sees the drive as "RAW". Any free/cheap recovery options? Even in Windows. I've seen several but some come from companies that seem shoddy.
    That doesn't sound good my friend. A RAW drive is an indication of a drive which is not behaving itself. Anyway, give RECUVA a try from the folks at Piriform. Do not download the Pro version as that is not free. Here's the LINK.

Specs:
    2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.11, 8 GB mem, iPhone 6+
    Thanks for the recommendation. I'm not expecting much but thought I would give it a shot just to see. I've managed to get most of the stuff back by combining an old backup (DVDs from about 4 years ago) and a few partial backups that for whatever reasons did not catch everything.

I saw several possibilities but most were from companies that I had never heard of not being a PC guy. I'll let you know what happens.
    "Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling

Thread Information