Specs:
    2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.11, 8 GB mem, iPhone 6+
    Recovering data from raw partition
    Attention Fellow Mods - Move this if you think of a better place for it.

I had an Iomega EZ Backup on my network that served as the storage point for my iTunes library. Recently I started moving a large number of files from one folder into the Movie portion of the library. I had intended to move aliases there but that's another story.

After a few minutes of copying the drive basically became unresponsive. Eventually I powered down the drive and restarted it. Initially there web interface could "see" the drive but I could not open the share. The Finder refused to see it at all.

I finally got around to removing the drive from the enclosure and attaching it to the Mac. Disk Utility says the drive needs to be formatted while my Win 7 virtual machine sees the drive as "RAW". Any free/cheap recovery options? Even in Windows. I've seen several but some come from companies that seem shoddy.

Not going to spend much on this since I have already recovered most of the library.
    Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

"Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling

Specs:
    27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    I finally got around to removing the drive from the enclosure and attaching it to the Mac. Disk Utility says the drive needs to be formatted while my Win 7 virtual machine sees the drive as "RAW". Any free/cheap recovery options? Even in Windows. I've seen several but some come from companies that seem shoddy.
    That doesn't sound good my friend. A RAW drive is an indication of a drive which is not behaving itself. Anyway, give RECUVA a try from the folks at Piriform. Do not download the Pro version as that is not free. Here's the LINK.

Specs:
    2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.11, 8 GB mem, iPhone 6+
    Thanks for the recommendation. I'm not expecting much but thought I would give it a shot just to see. I've managed to get most of the stuff back by combining an old backup (DVDs from about 4 years ago) and a few partial backups that for whatever reasons did not catch everything.

I saw several possibilities but most were from companies that I had never heard of not being a PC guy. I'll let you know what happens.
    Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

"Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling

Thread Information