New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

how do I install windows 7 via a flashdrive/usb stick through bootcamp on a macbook p

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

rossikool

rossikool is on a distinguished road

I opened package contents on bookcamp assistant and deleted the pre usb thingy so then I get an option to put the windows 7 .iso on my flash drive.

I then moved on to selecting install windows 7, then portioned my HDD giving then windows part 140GB.

The macbook powered off/restarted to load windows up but a blank screen appeared stating ...no bootable drive found, even though my flash drive is in the macbook still.

well I have managed to get back to my macbooks desktop. The version of windows I downloaded is 32 bit could that be why it didn't work?

I am downloading a 64 bit version now.

Is there anyother reason why windows isn't booting up from my flash drive? should I try windows 8?

cheers.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Quote:
Is there anyother reason why windows isn't booting up from my flash drive? should I try windows 8?
You didn't give us any details about your Mac? However, if your Mac has an optical drive, you can not install Windows from a flash drive.
QUOTE Thanks
rossikool

Quote:
Originally Posted by chscag View Post
You didn't give us any details about your Mac? However, if your Mac has an optical drive, you can not install Windows from a flash drive.
that will explain that then, my macbook is a Macbook pro 2011 (unibody)on OSX 10.8.5.

is there anyway to get around install from a disk or not?
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Yes, there are work arounds to install from a USB flash drive but you're going to have to dig them out with some good Googling. And be sure to use the 64 bit version of Windows 7 so that it will use all your memory. Windows 8 is only 64 bit so no problem there.
QUOTE Thanks
rossikool

Quote:
Originally Posted by chscag View Post
Yes, there are work arounds to install from a USB flash drive but you're going to have to dig them out with some good Googling. And be sure to use the 64 bit version of Windows 7 so that it will use all your memory. Windows 8 is only 64 bit so no problem there.
is there a tutorial on how to make a disk and install windows that way via bootcamp
QUOTE Thanks
lclev

lclev is a jewel in the roughlclev is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MBP 15" Early 2011, i7, 16GB mem, 1TB HD; MB Air 13", Mid 2013, i5, 4GB mem, 250GB HD

Here is how to burn the iso to a disk. How to burn ISO disc images - Mac OS X Hints
As to how to install using bootcamp there are several YouTube videos and other tutorials - just google them and pick the one that makes sense to you.

Lisa
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Winclone image on a new mac | emulator of MS VS2013 IDE for win phone 8 - it will not function? »