New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

CyberDuck FTP question

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jacksonworld

jacksonworld is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iBook G4

When I type in the correct Username and Password for my site, I will always come up with the same box- "Login failed. - Login Incorrect", yet i know that this is not true. I have typed the correct Username and Password a gazillion times, and even have tried to log on to my friend/s sites with their Usernames and Passwords, yet I am still getting the same window.

What's going on?

my info is below and im not sure whether im doing it correctly

- url : http://mijacnews.free.fr
- user name : mijacnews

so therefore for
"server" i put : free.fr
"port" is automatically set to: 21
"path" i dont have anything
"username" i put: mijacnews
"password" i put the password

and then press connect. i can see that the ftp connects to the server BUT i always get this

now i know that the password and the user name correct and i cant figure out what im doing wrong of why its not working. could someone please help me out here, i would greatly appreciate it
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Try ftp.free.fr as the server. That should work. Got me in.
QUOTE Thanks
jacksonworld

^ yep tried that but it still says the password is incorrect :S
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

remember Passwords are case sensitive. Make sure you are typing it right.
QUOTE Thanks
jacksonworld

im thinking it might be my system prefferences. dtravis7 are you on msn or something?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« no streaming audio with Firefox | Fax via my mac? »