Windows Drivers for Mac
    I don't know if this has been posted or not yet but is there any way at all possible to install a windows driver on my macbook pro? I don't want to use bootcamp or anything like that just want to be able to run the driver on my macbook.

The driver in question is for my xbox one controller, the driver was just released for PC but so far does not work on macbook.

Any help is appreciated

Specs:
    21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
    In short , no there isn't. You can Download Crossover from CodeWeavers and use their trial and see if that works. But, I don't like you chances.
    Why do you need to run this on your Mac ? Whats the Driver do ?? I have a couple of Apps, namely GamePad Companion or Xbox 360 Controller that I use to play games with on my Mac, using the Xbox wired Controller.
    The latter is a driver made up for the Xbox controller to use on the Mac and sits in System Preferences. You can map your buttons and D-Pads all you like as well. It works well with 90% of the games I have played.

HTH
    Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
    Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
    MoTM ☆☆☆

I will try these today, my only concern is that those are for the older xbox 360 controllers and it's probably different from the new Xbox One controllers.

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    I have to agree with Brent. CrossOver is a great way to run Windows apps that it supports and even some that it doesn't officially. However, Windows drivers are a horse of a different color since they're normally *.sys or even *.exe type files. Without a supporting Windows application and installer, CrossOver won't know what to do with the file.

Specs:
    27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 6S, iPod Nano 7th GeniPad 3
    You cannot run drivers from other OS' in OS X, its too tightly coupled with the OS to ever work. Running Windows application is one thing since it's done at a much higher level where an alternate API can be provided..
    --
    Regards
    ...Ashwin

Be sure to read the Community Guidelines | The more information you provide, the better answers you get, remember GIGO.

Specs:
    21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
    Quote Originally Posted by chscag View Post
    However, Windows drivers are a horse of a different color since they're normally *.sys or even *.exe type files. Without a supporting Windows application and installer, CrossOver won't know what to do with the file.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz0rEdge View Post
    You cannot run drivers from other OS' in OS X, its too tightly coupled with the OS to ever work. Running Windows application is one thing since it's done at a much higher level where an alternate API can be provided..

And there you go. Good info, and yet again, I have learnt something new . . . Never really knew Windows when I used it, as I didn't find it logical.
    Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
    Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
    MoTM ☆☆☆

Thread Information