New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

Installing multiple Disks on iMac

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Zaush

Zaush is on a distinguished road

So I bootcamp with windows 8. I am trying to install an old game that has 3 disks. When install disk one the installer takes over the entire screen. When I am prompted to install disk 2 I have no way to eject disk one. I am using a wired keyboard with the numb pad if that makes a difference.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

What you need to do is combine all three disks on one DVD if possible so that you do not have to swap disks during the installation. Otherwise on a Mac there is no way to eject the disk and swap it during an install session. That's why when you install Windows via Boot Camp you must have a full install version either on disk or USB.
QUOTE Thanks
Zaush

Quote:
Originally Posted by chscag View Post
What you need to do is combine all three disks on one DVD if possible so that you do not have to swap disks during the installation. Otherwise on a Mac there is no way to eject the disk and swap it during an install session. That's why when you install Windows via Boot Camp you must have a full install version either on disk or USB.
I uploaded VMWare Fusion and had a Bootcamp window open on Mac desktop. Worked perfectly.
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Nice workaround...

Is it an Apple keyboard and did they stop putting an eject key on them - above the delete key?

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
Zaush

Yes, it is the Mac Keyboard. The Eject button is there but it would reboot windows for some reason.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Trying to Install Windows | win7 boot camp color calibration tool not working »