New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

Reinstalled win8 on my MacbookPro, and no wifi connection

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

adritrial

adritrial is on a distinguished road

Hi Guys !

I got some problems with my reinstalled windows 8.1 on my Macbook Pro! I was running already a windows 8 on my Macbook but it got slower, so I have decided to reinstall it, at the end of the process looks like I don't have any drivers on it. Previous time when I installed through bootcamp, windows support drivers got installed automatically, but not this time. I don't find any answer what drivers and from where should I download them.
Here are my specs Macbook Pro OS X 10.9 (13A603), 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7, 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 512 MB.

Any help would be appreciated !

Thank you
Adrian
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

Moved here to the proper forum.

When you first installed Windows 8 on your MacBook Pro and during the Boot Camp install process, you were told to download drivers from Apple and place them on a flash drive or disk. You must have done that and installed the drivers otherwise Windows 8 would not have run correctly. What happened to the drivers you downloaded? Windows drivers are never installed automatically by the way.
QUOTE Thanks
adritrial

adritrial is on a distinguished road

Thank you for your answer!

It's been 3 days since I try to fix this problem. I waisted 6 discs and many hours.

Thats my problem... drivers were not located on the external drive what I used for the installation. I tried to install them manually: minimum system requirement is not ...blabla something, so that didn't work. It's interesting why the same DVD didn't work, so I was forced to burn a new one, but they were all 8.1 and bootcamp does not support those upgraded windows. Obviously I checked the create iso, download support, and install windows 7 boxes all the time, and I had only one successful installation on my Mac. So when I had that, I didn't have audio and wifi at all, I used basic internet cable for downloading drivers. All fail, and I also downloaded 25 driver apps which can find you the necessary drivers for our specific system, it found some, but not all, and they just upgraded the basic drivers...fail as well. Windows update didn't work too, started loading, and after 30 min was still at 0%. Deleted windows, now I downloaded an other win8 pro, just burnt it, see how it goes. And btw when I first installed win 8, 3 months ago all drivers were on automatically.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Backing up Windows | Power PC G4 OS Question »