Specs:
    20" Imac 9,1 Core 2 Duo 2.6ghz, 2gb RAM, Snow Leopard, Macbook 7,1 Core 2 Duo 2.4ghz, 2gb RAM, SL
    Running Windows XP on Maverick OSx 10.9
    Hello,

I currently have a 2009 Imac computer running 10.5.8 and bootcamp running windows xp to play some old 90's pc games. However I'm wondering if I will be able to install and run windows xp if I ever upgrade my OSx?
    I would not want a newer windows because the games probably would not work plus I really don't want to pay for another windows operating system when Windows XP is what will be guaranteed to run the programs and I already own it.

Would this work.... If I used bootcamp assistant in OSx 10.9 and created a partition then used windows XP Cd to install and then my Leopard (10.5.8) install DVD to install bootcamp support and drivers etc. or will the OSx / bootcamp not allow this?

Thanks

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    You're running Leopard and Windows XP on your 2009 iMac and you want to install Leopard and Boot Camp again after upgrading to Mavericks?

First, you can't go from Leopard to Mavericks. You need to purchase Snow Leopard from the Apple on line store. ($19.99) Upgrade Snow Leopard to at least 10.6.6 so that you'll have access to the Mac App store. Then, you can download and install Mavericks. (it's free) The upgrade from Leopard to Snow Leopard will not disturb your Boot Camp partition with XP.

However, when Mavericks is installed, it will create a recovery partition on your hard drive. I don't know for sure if the Mavericks installation will mess with the Boot Camp partition that already exists. Anyway, you have an idea of what you need to do, but my advice for now is to leave the Boot Camp partition alone along with XP and see what happens before you decide to install Windows again. In any event, there is no need to install Leopard again.

Specs:
    2008 15" MBP Yosemite, 2012 21.5" iMac Yosemite
    I upgraded from ML to Mavericks on my MBP with an XP Boot Camp partition. The upgrade did not mess with Boot Camp. I'm guessing it'll be the same going from SL to Mavericks.
    64GB iPhone 6, 64GB iPad Air 2.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.

Specs:
    20" Imac 9,1 Core 2 Duo 2.6ghz, 2gb RAM, Snow Leopard, Macbook 7,1 Core 2 Duo 2.4ghz, 2gb RAM, SL
    Quote Originally Posted by MYmacROX View Post
    I upgraded from ML to Mavericks on my MBP with an XP Boot Camp partition. The upgrade did not mess with Boot Camp. I'm guessing it'll be the same going from SL to Mavericks.
    Thanks, that is good to hear.

Would also be good to hear if anyone has done or knows how to successfully do a brand new install of Windows XP using bootcamp on Maverick?

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    Would also be good to hear if anyone has done or knows how to successfully do a brand new install of Windows XP using bootcamp on Maverick?
    I don't think you can. Mavericks (notice the "s") will only support Windows 7, 8, and 8.1. There may be a work around making it possible. ??

Thread Information