New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

So I have had my computer bootcamped for maybe a 2 weeks and omg its falling apart

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ScaryFatKidGT

ScaryFatKidGT is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP 15" 2.6 i7 with GT 650M, 16gb ram

windows is so awful

internet explorer starts on some crappy bing search engine with a spam add under it and wont let me change the home page, I changed it to google and it just changed back.

I uninstalled "my pc backup" and some other program and they seem to have re installed them self along with driver detective, advanced pc protector and some other crap. There is so many pop ups I can't even use the internet how the hell do i fix this?

windows defender the only legit program said I had 2 minor malwares that I got rid of (IN 2 WEEKS! are you kidding me I don't even surf the net on it just use it for games stuff PvP.net, battle.net)
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.10, iPhone6, iPad Air, AppleTV2

OK. Download and install, update and run a full scan Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. Let it fix anything it finds.
Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.75 - FileHippo.com

Then get Avast Antivirus free, install, update and run.
Download Avast! Free Antivirus 9.0.2011 - FileHippo.com

Open Internet Explorer - Internet Options - Advanced - Reset
This will return it to factory fresh. You can then change the search engine to something more preferable.

For info, toolbars et al get installed by users. Knowingly or unknowingly. Not to teach you what I'm sure you already know but always do custom installs when installing software to check if toolbars and search engines are packaged as part of the deal. Never click on flash adverts etc on websites. Always read every single pop message. If in doubt press alt+f4 to close the window, don't click it.

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks
ScaryFatKidGT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrplow View Post
OK. Download and install, update and run a full scan Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. Let it fix anything it finds.
Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.75 - FileHippo.com

Then get Avast Antivirus free, install, update and run.
Download Avast! Free Antivirus 9.0.2011 - FileHippo.com

Open Internet Explorer - Internet Options - Advanced - Reset
This will return it to factory fresh. You can then change the search engine to something more preferable.

For info, toolbars et al get installed by users. Knowingly or unknowingly. Not to teach you what I'm sure you already know but always do custom installs when installing software to check if toolbars and search engines are packaged as part of the deal. Never click on flash adverts etc on websites. Always read every single pop message. If in doubt press alt+f4 to close the window, don't click it.
Ok thanks, I'm just like Jesus Christ I've only had this running Windows for 2 weeks haha
QUOTE Thanks
ScaryFatKidGT

I keeps setting the homepage to Search

and regclean pro and advance system protector and optimizer pro are the programs that keep opening them selfes and runnning

and whats "internet download manager"? is that a real thing?
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute

Have you followed the steps above?

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

Boot into safe mode (repeatedly press F8 as windows is starting - choose safe mode from the menu)

Uninstall any software you don't want.

A full run of Malwarebytes and resetting the browser should take care of anything else.

QUOTE Thanks
ScaryFatKidGT

Quote:
Boot into safe mode (repeatedly press F8 as windows is starting - choose safe mode from the menu)

Uninstall any software you don't want.

A full run of Malwarebytes and resetting the browser should take care of anything else.
k ill try safe mode, i tryed to download the first link but all i did was instal spyhunter and a yahoo tool bar?
QUOTE Thanks
ScaryFatKidGT

there some krt phone app on here now too like omg whats going on lol programs everywhere
QUOTE Thanks
ScaryFatKidGT

I uninstalled like 10 programs but even in safemode I couldnt uninstal driver detective, spyhunter or skorpion saver?

whats 7zip? i get pop-ups trying to download malwarebytes and i dont know which one to click on.... which download button do i click on that damn website theres like 6 of them?
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

This is a direct link
Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.75 - Download - FileHippo.com
or go to their website direct.
Malwarebytes : Free Anti-Malware

Can I also suggest you get another browser instead on explorer

QUOTE Thanks
McBie

McBie is a name known to allMcBie is a name known to allMcBie is a name known to allMcBie is a name known to allMcBie is a name known to allMcBie is a name known to allMcBie is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2013 MBA 13" - 10.9.5 & iPad - iOS 5.1

My humble suggestion .... completely re-install windows on the bootcamp partition.
Takes about 45 minutes and diagnosing issues, fixing problems and breaking windows even more will take at least another 2 days.

Reason for saying that is that you are not very clear in what the issue is ( or even what the symptoms are ) so remotely diagnosing is very difficult and ' guess work "

Not much of a help, I know that, but Windows being Windows, a clean install is always the best way forward when issue are complex.

Cheers ... McBie

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.
The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude towards the problem. You understand ?
QUOTE Thanks
ScaryFatKidGT

Quote:
This is a direct link

Can I also suggest you get another browser instead on explorer
Thx that link worked, I don't even use the browser just used it to download LOL, WOW,my razer mouse software, flash player and java and crap and thats about it. I surf the net in OS X for obviouse resons.

QUOTE=mrplow;1562359]This is a direct link

Can I also suggest you get another browser instead on explorer[/QUOTE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBie View Post
My humble suggestion .... completely re-install windows on the bootcamp partition.
Takes about 45 minutes and diagnosing issues, fixing problems and breaking windows even more will take at least another 2 days.

Reason for saying that is that you are not very clear in what the issue is ( or even what the symptoms are ) so remotely diagnosing is very difficult and ' guess work "

Not much of a help, I know that, but Windows being Windows, a clean install is always the best way forward when issue are complex.

Cheers ... McBie
Really... don't really wanna have to deal with this garbage every 2 weeks.

symtoms would be popups telling me to update java and my video player constantly even on the mac-forums "thankyou for logging in screen theres adds all over ive never scene before and right now a popup add in the upper right corner telling me to "call for great tech support". Then about 5-10 programs (listed above) just randomly being on my computer and opening them selves for no reason, the only one i haven't been able to get ride of is spyhunter, is says the program to uninstall couldnt be loaded or something error 1750 or 1705 something.

One populp says "warning you much update jav emidiatly" and wont let me close it so I keep alt F4ing it. Also in the browser is keeps saying stack overflow in line 302?
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Someone please take the computer away from him.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
Slydude

Slydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.8,3 8 GB mem, 2.66 GHz Mac Pro - Dead, iPhone 4

The gamer in the family told me to warn you that guildnet, wow head, and similar sites are constantly having problems with this. Apparently the source of the problem is some of the ads on their sites.

Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

"Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling
QUOTE Thanks
ScaryFatKidGT

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtomay View Post
Someone please take the computer away from him.
Oh come on.... ok maybe just the Windows partition....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slydude View Post
The gamer in the family told me to warn you that guildnet, wow head, and similar sites are constantly having problems with this. Apparently the source of the problem is some of the ads on their sites.
Yeah see I haven't been on anything like that, I have probably been to a total of 15 websites.

Well update I was trying to do a full scan on malwarbites but the computer seemed to like to do a blue screen crash after 6 hours of scanning so I gave up and did a quick scan and deleted 130 things and windows also did a update and service pack thing which it restarted about 4 times during. I'm going to install the anti-virus now. I have mozilla now, now I just need to lockout IE so nobody can ever open it again haha.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« New Mac Pro Win 7 or Win 8? | Where to download Win 7 Pro? »