New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

Triple boot windows 8, windows 7 and mavericks on my Mac

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

TheGoldyMan

TheGoldyMan is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Quad-core Intel Core i5 2.9Ghz with Nvidia GTX 660m

Hi guys I want to triple boot my mac with Windows 7, Windows 8 and Mavericks

Now I already have Mavericks and Windows 7 installed. I want to install Windows 8 without overwriting my Windows 7 partition. Is that possible? If yes, how?

I searched everywhere but, I didn't find anything
This is my last hope to figure out if/how it's possible

*if this question has already been answered please link me to to it*

Thanks in advance guys
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz, 16GB memory, OS X.10

G'day and welcome to the forums.

You need four partitions. Partition 1 Mac OS. Partition 2 will be Recovery. Partition 3 say Windows 7 and Partition 4 Windows 8.

Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!
QUOTE Thanks
TheGoldyMan

TheGoldyMan is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Quad-core Intel Core i5 2.9Ghz with Nvidia GTX 660m

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryb2448 View Post
G'day and welcome to the forums.

You need four partitions. Partition 1 Mac OS. Partition 2 will be Recovery. Partition 3 say Windows 7 and Partition 4 Windows 8.
Thanks for your help, but just another noobie question if you don't mind:
I add another partition using "disk utility" right?
And then I install windows 8 using bootcamp?

Thanks again for your help, I really appreciate it
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

You'll need to install either Windows 7 or 8 manually as you can not use Boot Camp to install both. Unless you're a gamer and really need to install Windows in a separate partition, the easiest way to triple boot is to use virtual machine software. Parallels, VMWare Fusion or the free VirtualBox will easily handle Windows 7 and Windows 8.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Installing BC4 onto a MBP running Mavericks | Best OS and config for Parallels to just run Outlook and Sharepoint »