Specs:
    MBP 2011 SSD + HD Mavericks, MacPro 2006, MacMini Server 2010
    Installing BC4 onto a MBP running Mavericks
    Working with a client that needs Windows 7 on their Late 2008 15" MacBook Pro w/ 2.66 GHz Core2Duo CPU, 8 GB of RAM (max for this MBP), and OS X 10.9 Mavericks.
    First tried installing Windows 7 64-bit onto VMWare Fusion 6, but found the performance was unacceptably slow, even though VMware Fusion 6 supports it. Backed up that VM for future use by the client on one of their other Macs.
    Checked the Apple Support pages for Boot Camp support ( link ) and found that this particular MBP can only support Windows 7 32-bit running under Boot Camp 4.
    Question is -- how do we install Boot Camp 4 on a Mac running Mavericks?
    Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Specs:
    15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
    In Apple speak, "Boot Camp" references the support (or driver) package - not Boot Camp Assistant.

You will use the Boot Camp Assistant that is installed on the machine to install Windows.
    After Windows is installed, then you'll need the BC4 support package which you'll install while booted into Windows.

If you scroll down to the bottom of the link you provided - under 'Downloading Boot Camp drivers", as I'm sure you already found out the Boot Camp 4 link doesn't work - click on the Boot Camp 5 link - it actually takes you to a search with multiple versions of Boot Camp - I think the 4.1.4586 should be the one you'll want for Win 7 support.
    I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
    In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.

Specs:
    MBP 2011 SSD + HD Mavericks, MacPro 2006, MacMini Server 2010
    Installing BootCamp 4 onto a MBP running Mavericks
    Thanks very much for your clarification -- when I read the Apple Support article I quoted, it seemed to be calling for BootCamp 4 (part of OS X 10.8) vs. BootCamp 5 (part of OS X 10.9). I will do as you suggested and check to see if it performs better on that particular MBP. FYI -- I run Win XP under Boot Camp on my MacPro under OS X 10.7, though more often than not, I just use this BC partition with Parallels. I run it in full BC mode when I need access to the full system resources (100% of the RAM for some CAD applications).
    ----------------

Quote Originally Posted by bobtomay View Post
    In Apple speak, "Boot Camp" references the support (or driver) package - not Boot Camp Assistant.

You will use the Boot Camp Assistant that is installed on the machine to install Windows.
    After Windows is installed, then you'll need the BC4 support package which you'll install while booted into Windows.

If you scroll down to the bottom of the link you provided - under 'Downloading Boot Camp drivers", as I'm sure you already found out the Boot Camp 4 link doesn't work - click on the Boot Camp 5 link - it actually takes you to a search with multiple versions of Boot Camp - I think the 4.1.4586 should be the one you'll want for Win 7 support.

Thread Information