New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

Blue Screen of Death on loading Windows 7

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jerrick

jerrick is on a distinguished road

Hiy Guys,

Im using a 17" MBP from 2011, running Mavericks and Windows 7 via bootcamp.
I noted a slow down on my boot-up time so checked my disk, fixed permissions on the mac partition and everything checked out.
I then verified my bootcamp partition where it said there were a number of things that needed fixing, none of which i actually noted down.
After that i booted windows and scanned the hard disk during boot-up and windows took over an hour to fix - no indication what the issue was.
I search on the apple forums and found a post where somebody said to run the following commands when you load-up Windows into the safe mode
(via the command prompt)
Bootrec.exe /FixMbr
Bootrec.exe /FixBoot
Bootrec.exe /RebuildBcd

I did that and then rebooted, the next thing that happened was i received the blue screen of death with the error code: STOP 0x0000000F4

The info that came up on the screen suggests its a hardware problem so the question is have i screwed my bootcamp partition by running those commands?

To be fair I'm kicking myself as i really should know better than just to coy and execute commands that i have no idea what they're really doing.
Id like to avoid vaping my bootcamp partition if at all possible, any ideas or suggestions?

Promise not to do it again if can fix it!
QUOTE Thanks
leadfoot

leadfoot is on a distinguished road

Blue screen is windows version of a kernel panic in mac. Safe options is to reload a fresh windows 7 as the older version is corrupted on boot up. You should not loose any other apps because your reloading not cleaning a partition.there is the fscheck you can do through start up when asked safe mode/syscheck or continue with normal boot.
QUOTE Thanks
jerrick

jerrick is on a distinguished road

Thanks Leadfoot,
I opted to remove the partition and create a fresh bootcamp (in part becuase i wanted a larger bootcamp drive). I only the Windows partition use for Star Wars: The Old Republic, so the whole process of reinstalling etc wasn't traumatic :-)
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Problem with Boot Camp and Support Software | Where do I buy Windows XP for Bootcamp? »