New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

Windows 7 does not load, keep restarting on Macbook Pro

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

adritrial

adritrial is on a distinguished road

Hello guys !

I need some serious advice!

Today I just installed Win7 Ultimate 64 bit on my Macbook Pro OS X 10.9 (13A603), 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7, 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 512 MB.

The install was completely fine I was using boot camp assistance, made a small partition for windows etc, regular proper way to set up windows.

The problem is when I try to open windows at the computer's start, the black screen appears as regular windows open but immediately restart the computer, this goes for as log as I don't switch back to Mac OsX .

What should I do ??? I really appreciate any help !
Adrian
QUOTE Thanks
MacDuck

MacDuck is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: rMBP 15"

Try booting Windows in safe mode and see if it will boot to a desktop. If so, it could be a graphics driver problem.

15" MacBook Pro retina 10,1
QUOTE Thanks
adritrial

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDuck View Post
Try booting Windows in safe mode and see if it will boot to a desktop. If so, it could be a graphics driver problem.
Thank you for your quick answer.

How to boot in safe mode ?
Sorry I am kinda new with Mac.
QUOTE Thanks
MacDuck

If I remember correctly it's by pressing the F8 key whilst Windows is booting.

QUOTE Thanks
adritrial

Quote:
If I remember correctly it's by pressing the F8 key whilst Windows is booting.
The problem is... the windows is not even booting, only the black screen appears for a half second, then restart, so I don't even make it until the loading screen
QUOTE Thanks
MacDuck

It still might be worth a try, tapping the F8 key as soon as you highlight the Windows drive and press enter. It may affect the booting process.
If it doesn't I'm afraid I don't know of anything else to suggest.
Obviously other users here may do :-)

QUOTE Thanks
adritrial

Quote:
It still might be worth a try, tapping the F8 key as soon as you highlight the Windows drive and press enter. It may affect the booting process.
If it doesn't I'm afraid I don't know of anything else to suggest.
Obviously other users here may do :-)
I tried, not solving the problem, although the black screen appears now with a flashing _ thats it can't get further.

Anyone else any advice?

this is weird... my Mac says I have Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB now lol, how is that possible after VIDIA GeForce GT 650M 512 MB.?
QUOTE Thanks
cradom

cradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 13in macbook - 10.10.1

When you get the blinking _, let it sit for a while. It might boot.

Craig Domingue - resident redneck.
“Never argue with an idiot. He will only bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.”, George Carlin
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz, 16GB memory, OS 10.10.1

As cradom says give it a minute or two normal Windows booting lol!

Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!
QUOTE Thanks
adritrial

I tried it. Same thing happened, just restarted Can't run win anyhow I try.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

Did you download the driver image from Apple and place it either on a USB flash drive or CD? If you did, did you then load the drivers for Windows 7? The description you're giving us of the problem sounds like the graphic drivers have not been loaded.
QUOTE Thanks
adritrial

Nope I didn't , but I can't reach win desktop to do any installation, I was downloading the bootcamp option(windows update) to put it on the usb hard drive. Yes I think my graphic card is the problem, although I have no idea how to put the drivers, and what driver should I install.
QUOTE Thanks
adritrial

Hello guys !

I need some serious advice!

Today I just installed Win7 Ultimate 64 bit on my Macbook Pro OS X 10.9 (13A603), 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7, 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 512 MB.

The install was completely fine I was using boot camp assistance, made a small partition for windows etc, regular proper way to set up windows.

The problem is when I try to open windows at the computer's start, the black screen appears as regular windows open but immediately restart the computer, this goes for as log as I don't switch back to Mac OsX

I tried to reinstall and use the Home Pro version of windows-same problem.

If I hit F8 at booting, a black screen appear with a flashing _
After 3-4 min restart automatically.

What should I do ??? I really appreciate any help !
Adrian
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

I would start over. Run Boot Camp once more and remove the Windows 7 partition you created. That should get everything back to the Macintosh HD again. Then run Boot Camp again but this time follow the Boot Camp instructions. Your MBP does not have an optical drive so you must install the drivers downloaded from Apple via a USB flash drive or external hard drive.

Also take note that your MBP needs drivers for both of your graphic cards: The intel HD 4000 and the nVidia 650m.
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz, 16GB memory, OS 10.10.1

Did you use BootCamp to set up the partition? If so use BootCamp to remove it and try again and what do you mean by a 'small' partition>

Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« No image found error when installing Win 8.1 under bootcamp | Paralles transporter agent »