New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

increasing space on boot camp drive

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Straitsfan

Straitsfan is on a distinguished road

Okay, I'm running XY with parallels on my boot camp partition. It's driving me nuts because I only use it fro my work and I chose 20gB as the size -- the files I create I get rid of when I turn them in to my employer, so I didn't think I needed a whole lot of space -- but windows keeps telling my my disk space is low, and I currently can't update AVG. i've gone to add or remove programs to free up space, but no matter what I do I still get messages saynig my disk space is low and I need to free up space It seems no matter how big I make the partition, I'm always low at some point. I don't think I can get rid of any more programs on the windows partition. I do a disk cleanup, but that's only temporary. Is there any way I can increase the size of the partition without having to reinstall windows?

I tried to put another virtual machine on the MB Pro so I could have more room, but that has turned out not to work so well -- it was very slow and the fan was running real high, and never seemed to complete what I wanted it to do. Can someone help me? I had to contact windows and get a reactivation number because apparently the copy of XP I have has been installed too many times and I cant' put in on my computer again without having to go through that process. I'm really upset about this and don't want my windows to crash or something. I don't think I can get rid of any more programs (mostly they're NET CLIENT versions and updates and the like, and I may need them for the media player that I'm using)
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz OS X.9.4 and OS X.10

Purchase CampTune to change Partition sizes. Good value for $19.95:-

http://www.paragon-software.com/home/camptune/

Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« windows 7 got stuck after a while | Method for making a Linux USB flash drive with persistence which is bootable on a Mac »