Specs:
    Macbook Pro Retina 15" 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7 with 16 GB DDR3 Ram running OS X 10.8.4 Mountain Lion
    MBPr Boot Camp Partition Space Issue
    Recently I had to re-install my entire mac from scratch (as per apple support's recommendation) when my mac side became corrupted. I just re-installed the windows 7 side today and decided to give it more space than last time since I used it a lot more, and I have a 2TB WD MyPassport for mac that I can use for any files or Logic or Final Cut projects I wish to work on.

Anyway, I gave it 513 gig... leaving around 200 some left on the mac side. The problem is, thought, that I am now in windows and it thinks the C drive is only 427 gigabytes in total. That's almost 100 gigabytes that seem to have disappeared into thin air.

Any idea why this is happening? And is the space that is not being detected still accessible in windows should I need it at some point in the future?

Thank you!

PS. I'm a gamer and nearly 100 gig missing is concerning to me as I have a tenancy to fill up hard drives fairly quickly with school projects, media which I require to be under windows, and of course games (which can be anywhere from half a gig to 17 gig).

Specs:
    Imac 27" Retina 5K, 512GB Flash Storage, 3.3Ghz, 16GB memory, OS X.11.5.
    Well it depends on how you are terming 'missing'. If you mean only 427GB available that would be about correct after formatting and installing Windows 7 and associated software.
    Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!

Specs:
    Macbook Pro Retina 15" 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7 with 16 GB DDR3 Ram running OS X 10.8.4 Mountain Lion
    ok my bad... 427 was the available space, but it only seems to think the partition is 477 gig still... what happened to the 36 gig? Can't be the OS can it? Cause there was space used up on this thing the second windows was installed.... o.0

Edit... basically around 20 gig was shown as used when I installed windows... and 36 gig on top of that has disappeared o.0

Specs:
    15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
    There is nothing missing. Base 10 and Base 2 math is at play here.

Base 10 from Disk Utility when the partition was created and Base 2 inside Windows.
    I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
    In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.

Specs:
    2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.11, 8 GB mem, iPhone 6+
    Nice catch. That never occurred to me last night when I read this thread.
    Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

"Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling

Thread Information