Question 'No Bootable Device'
    So after a partition my hard drive, and my Mac restarts, I get the 'no bootable device' error. I have installed the files of Windows 7 onto the usb, and it still gives me the error. I tried it the same method on my other mac (a bit newer) and did not have this problem. One thing I did notice is that unlike my newer mac, this does not give me the option to see my USB when I hold down option/alt, which may be the problem. So, how can I get my computer to show the usb when I hold option/hold

The Republic of Neptune
    We need to know what model Macs you have. Also, what do you mean by "installed the files of Windows 7 onto the usb"?

Offhand, I'd say when you partitioned your hard drive, you wiped out your installation of OS X and as a result, have no OS to boot from.

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
    Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
    Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.

Thread Information