Specs:
    Macbook Pro Retina 15" 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7 with 16 GB DDR3 Ram running OS X 10.8.4 Mountain Lion
    Using Apple USB Superdrive to install Windows 7 on rMBP
    I have a brand new full install copy of Windows 7 64-bit coming sometime in the next too weeks for my mac. I plan on installing it with boot camp.

My only question, as the the Boot Camp manual does not seem to go into detail about this, is will I be able to run the boot disc directly from my Apple USB Superdrive, or do I have to rip an ISO image and create a boot disc on a USB drive?

My concern comes from the fact that the Apple Superdrive tends to be finicky when it comes to working with anything other than OSX (i've accidentally connected it directly to an older version of Windows running in VMware before realizing it was the reason my discs weren't working in the virtual machine lol).

So my question is, will there be any problem installing Windows directly from the disc with my USB Superdrive?

PS. As an added note, would there be any software or drivers people would recommend for optimal performance of Windows on my mac? My primary uses would be school programs and the occasional steam game when I'm away from the family Windows 7 desktop at home.

Thanks =D

Specs:
    Imac 27" Retina 5K, 512GB flash memory, 3.3GHz, 16GB memory, macOS Sierra beta.
    No problems will install fine. Print and study the BootCamp Guidelines first as a suggestion. Use the superdrive to burn drivers on to a CD.

bootcamp - Can I install Windows 7 on a MacBook Air without a SuperDrive? - Ask Different
    Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!

Specs:
    Macbook Pro Retina 15" 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7 with 16 GB DDR3 Ram running OS X 10.8.4 Mountain Lion
    Ok thanks! That was my only confusion about this! Can't wait to finally get the best of both Operating Systems on this thing without installing half working programs in Wine again =D

Btw... does anyone know if the funky heating this macbook is known for will cause any problems with Steam games, or will it be okay as long as I have a hard surface and my fans are working properly?

Thread Information