New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

Failed Bootcamp... loss of 200GB

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

pibolar

pibolar is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Late 2013 iMac, 3.5GHz Quad i7, 24GB RAM, GTX 780m, 10.8.5, iPhone6

Hey guys, this afternoon i decided to install windows on to my Mac via Bootcamp, i selected a 200gb partition for Windows and began the process. the partition got stuck about 1/4 of the way through and after an hour or so of not moving i became impatient and quit the process (stupid i know) how ever now i have lost the 200gb of space. i have spend the last 2 hours trying to find a way to get this space back. i can't use bootcamp to remove the partition as it didn't finish doing it and i have tried using the disk utility but there is no partition to delete or merge etc etc the 200gb is shown as 'other' in my storage.... please please please help someone i have also tried running a few Terminal codes with no luck
Attached Images
File Type: png Untitled.png (246.0 KB, 11 views)
File Type: png Untitled1.png (347.3 KB, 11 views)
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

Always run a verify of the hard drive before attempting to use Boot Camp. I don't know why the partitioning froze on you but it may have run into a bad block during the process - just my guess.

Anyway, now your only recourse is probably to erase the drive, format it as a single partition, and reinstall OS X. Hopefully, you made a backup before attempting to use the Boot Camp Assistant? You didn't mention which version of OS X you're running but you'll either use your install disk or an internet reinstall (Lion or Mountain Lion). And don't forget to verify your hard drive before attempting to use Boot Camp again.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Wireless driver for Windows | Running External Hard Drive in Both Window and Mac Computers »