New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

Win full or upgrade

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

durkinjt

durkinjt is on a distinguished road

Jim, I have a real newbie question. I have had my Win 7 disk for some time, and don't remember if it is a full install or upgrade. On the disk it has the words, Upgrade, and under that "Includes Anytime upgrade"I have used this disk to re-install my system and was give the choice of Upgrade Or Full, so I assume it to be full install, know it sounds stupid, but I want to be sure as I need it for a program, (Parallel desktop 8), that requires a full install Win.7 and this does not seem to work, of course it could be something else, just trying to eliminate all problems. Thanks,
Jim
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

If the disk says upgrade then it's an upgrade edition. The only difference between an upgrade edition and full install edition is the full install does not require proof of a previous eligible Windows license. That's the reason why an upgrade edition can be used to do a full install provided a previous eligible edition is being upgraded. (Microsoft EULA)

You can buy an OEM full install edition of Windows 7 directly from Parallels while you're installing. It will be downloaded as an iso and installed at the same time to the VM.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Trying to Bootcamp Mac Mini (Late 2012 model) | Windows 7 Ultimate crashing on Bootcamp »