New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

Trying to Bootcamp Mac Mini (Late 2012 model)

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

BakerBoy11

BakerBoy11 is on a distinguished road

Hello!

For some reason, when i try bootcamping, it partitions the hard drive, and then when it restarts I initially get a blank white screen with no apple logo and a transition into a black screen with a blinking underdash on the top left corner. I have tried using the disk for windows 7 and windows 8 and i have tried it multiple times, with no luck. I have followed everyones instructions and still no luck.

Please help me!

Kind Regards,

BakerBoy11
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

You stated you tried using the disk for Windows 7 and 8. How, since the new Mac Mini 2012 edition does not come with an optical drive?

Tell us exactly how you're trying to install Windows via the Boot Camp assistant and maybe we can help you to get it installed.
QUOTE Thanks
BakerBoy11

I used the Superdrive What do you mean by 'How did you install Windows...' I used the disk copy, and it restarts after it partitions as usual, and then it does what i previously said :/

Kind Regards,

BakerBoy11
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Disk Copy? If you use bootcamp assistant, you run it, download the drivers, partition the drive and with the Windows DVD in the drive you let it reboot. Is that what you are doing?

The Black Screen with a flashing cursor shows its trying to boot off the Windows Partition but there is no Windows there to boot. It should be booting off the Windows DVD in that superdrive. Try booting holding down the C key right after the Apple Startup Sound. See if the Windows installer comes up. If that does not work try the Option key right after the sound and select windows, If you do not see Windows there, the optical drive is not reading the Windows DVD.

Are the Windows DVd's for 7 and 8 factory? Download and burned?
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute

You didn't mention you had an external Superdrive in your first post. Macs, all newer models without a built in optical drive, can install Windows using a flash drive. Superdrive not required. However, since you're using one it should have worked if you have an original Windows 7 or 8 DVD. You can also purchase either from MS as a download which means the iso has to be burned to a DVD. You also would need to download drivers from Apple as you were instructed to do during the Boot Camp procedure.
QUOTE Thanks
BakerBoy11

Hello guys,

I am using the Windows 7 Disk, and i have downloaded the drivers from Apple. It still comes up though for some odd reason.

Kind Regards,

Bakerboy11
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

OK, going back through some older posts regarding installing Windows 7 or 8 on a new Mac without an optical drive, tells me that it's not going to work installing from the external superdrive. The reason is the driver for the external superdrive is not loaded until Windows is up and running. You're going to have to do the install from a bootable flash drive that you can create from the Windows disk.
QUOTE Thanks
BakerBoy11

Hello!

For some reason, when i bootcamp with Windows 8, it works fine until i get to the bit where you have to click "Drive options (advanced)." and then you have to Click Format, then click ok, then click Next. For some reason, i do that, and the Next button doesn't let me click it, it is still greyed out for some reason, even though i have done what it said. Please help me ASAP!

Kind Regards,

Alex
QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

Threads merged - please don't start a new thread for an ongoing issue..

--
Regards
...Ashwin

Be sure to read the Community Guidelines | The more information you provide, the better answers you get, remember GIGO.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« how to get outlook for mac or better app?? | Win full or upgrade »