New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

Fusion unity question

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

lrd

lrd is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2009 MacBook Pro 15" - 2013 iMac 3.4GHz quad-core i7, Fusion Drive, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX

Teaching my wife new things can be quite frustrating. I just switched to an iMac after a lifetime of PCs and finding it painful to drag her with me (I've been using a MacBook Pro since 2009 so I'm pretty far along). I have VMWare Fusions so we can use Quicken, the Mac version be woefully inadequate and we have too much time and data invested to switch.

That said, When Fusion is in Unity mode (each Windows application loads in it's own window within OSX) I can open Quicken directly by right-clicking my way through some VMWare options on the dock. Problem is that's "too complicated" fro my wife.

Does anyone know a way to create a shortcut on the dock that will open Quicken or the data file directly?

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
khcrazy10

khcrazy10 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro Retina 15" 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7 with 16 GB DDR3 Ram running OS X 10.8.4 Mountain Lion

You might wanna take a look at this: VMware KB: Adding Windows applications to your Mac's Applications folder using VMware Fusion

I don't know the details of it as I don't use Unity myself (I can't since I screwed up VMware tools by making the virtual machine think its a real PC for a few games). However, I think the link above may be what you're looking for. Once it puts the VMware windows program apps in your applications folder, it'll simply be a matter of dragging what you want to the dock just like any other mac app.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Running Ubuntu 12.10 on my mac mini 2012 model | Problem installing windows 7 on mac os x 10.8.3 »