New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

Deleted Leopard OS Using EasUs/Bootcamp..Desperate

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Dakkyy

Dakkyy is on a distinguished road

Hey Everyone, I was using bootcamp and I partitioned 20GB into Windows, I realized I needed more space, so I partitioned 10GB more. Next thing I know my Apple OS had been completely Deleted. I was using the program EasUs. ANY information on recovering my apple hard drive would be extremely helpful. I'm stressing so much I can't even begin to think.

Thank you so much, Dak

PS I called Apple support, and a few places that basically led me to paying $750-$2400 If i want it fixed.
QUOTE Thanks
Dakkyy

Dakkyy is on a distinguished road

Hey Everyone, I was using bootcamp and I partitioned 20GB into Windows, I realized I needed more space, so I partitioned 10GB more. Next thing I know my Apple OS had been completely Deleted. I was using the program EasUs. ANY information on recovering my apple hard drive would be extremely helpful. I'm stressing so much I can't even begin to think.

Thank you so much, Dak
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz OS X.9.2

That is not the way to do it. You may be looking at an erase and format selecting one single partition and re-install of whatever OS you are running. Then go into Bootcamp and print and read the guidelines. When Bootcamp partition the drive for goodness sake select a partition large enough to install Windows on - say 50GB.

Easus is a program for cloning Windows so why would you use that?

If you get Windows up and running and want to change the partition size a utility called CampTune is the way to go. Costs $19.95 from Paragon.

And do not double post our staff members do not like that!

Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, iPhone 4, 3 iPods, OS X 10.9.2

Are you sure that your Leopard partition has been deleted? Did you try holding down the option key when booting? Did you try a PRAM reset?

Also, did you use the EasUs partition manager? Their web site says that you can recover partitions with the program which leads me to believe that perhaps you can get the Leopard partition back. Always make a backup before using Boot Camp or doing any kind of partition work. The Boot Camp Assistant specifically warns you about that....
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, iPhone 4, 3 iPods, OS X 10.9.2

And do not cross post. Post to only one forum and continue with the same thread. If you think you posted to the wrong forum, ask a Staff Member to move it for you. Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Running Windows 7 on mac. Internet Question | Bootcamp startup »