New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

Backup Software for OSX??

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jackarmy83

Hi all,

We have a mac osx power mac that will be used pretty soon to backup our file and email servers. We plan on mounting the shares on the desktop and getting the backup software to back the shares up.

We were looking into getting retrospect but I have used the previous versions before and it seems like you have to do so much work with backup sets etc to set up a good granfather, father, son backup scheme (if anybody has any advice to make this easier then much appreciated!).

Because of this I was wondering if there are any other, good, pieces of backup software out there for mac osx that would fit our requirements. I've had a look around but there doesn't seem to be much around. Have Dantz got the market to themselves?

Thanks in advance.

Karl
QUOTE Thanks
Murlyn

Murlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2

I really like TRI-Backup and it works beautifully for me and several of my clients.
QUOTE Thanks
rberry88

rberry88 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 17" Flat Panel iMac -15" 1.5GHz, 80GB HDD, 128MB ATI video card, 1GB RAM- PowerBook

I use SuperDuper < http://www.shirt-pocket.com/SuperDup...scription.html > and love it.

I back up my root/main HDD and two external HDDs with ease, it even does incremental backups. Its not free but it does the job without having to worry or hassle over anything. I've used it for about 8 months now, well worth the money spent for it.

Looking for a PowerMac G4 for $500 or less USD.
QUOTE Thanks
jackarmy83

Thanks for the advice chaps. Completely forgot about this thread! I'll evaluate both now.

Thanks again.
QUOTE Thanks
caribiner23

caribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro Retina 13" among far too many other Apple products

Another vote for SuperDuper. I use it to back up my iBook on a regular basis.

It's easy, cheap, and does what it does very well.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Freeware virus scanner for OS 9.2 ??? | AOL 4/5 Address Book to xyz format »