New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

I cant mount my windows 7 bootcamp partition on my mac osx lion?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Hatsune Miku

Hatsune Miku is on a distinguished road

i just don't get it...
i used to use xp but that is no longer supported on lion so i upgraded to windows 7. the install was completely successful and i can still use it if i manually boot from it with the option key. but if i boot into lion it gives me like 3 error messages (identical, they just pop up 3 times). i can see it grayed out in disk utility but it wont mount successfully.

i have 2 third party programs installed that to my understanding are supposed to let ur mac read and write ntfs, (OSX Fuse and NTFS-3G)

can someone please tell me what i am missing here? i followed the setup instructions and everything certainly looked fine.

I included a screencap of the error below (if that helps at all)

EDIT: the error seems to be angry at NTFS-3G? is that program not running correctly?

EDIT 2: I did some more research and discovered that there is currently no freeware available to replace NTFS-3G on LION, while there is a work around that involves installing 3 program (macfuse related), it still gives the annoying error message despite the fact that the partition will be mounted. There is LION NTFS freeware in the making but it may be a while. I ended up just spending the 30 or bucks and bought Tuxera NTFS for Mac which solved my problem.

thanks
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2012-02-12 at 8.05.24 PM.png (352.0 KB, 18 views)
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

Uninstall NTFS-3G as it is buggy and known to create problems. It may even cause corruption to your Windows 7 partition. Instead, purchase Paragon NTFS from Paragon Software for $19.95. It works well and should solve your problem. Here is the LINK.
QUOTE Thanks
Hatsune Miku

thanks a lot. does anyone no how it compares to Tuxera? any differences that make or brake one or the other when comparing?
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

Tuxera is the pay version of NTFS-3G. I don't trust it either. As I stated above, Paragon works.
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.10, iPhone6, iPad Air, AppleTV2

Another +1 for Paragon.

The most stable NTFS solution I've used. Never had an issue

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks
Hatsune Miku

yeah, i just read a comparison some one made of the two and after thoroughly testing them both PARAGON was faster and stuff.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« The Installer Disc Could Not Be Found | How to create a boot camp.app for a Windows program? »