New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

Simple photoshop problem

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

50trimtsi

Hi guys, I was hoping someone could help me. I would like to set files to open directly to photoshop when I double click them. Basically just set photoshop as default opener for certain types of files. I thought itd be in preferences, but didnt seem to see it. Can anyone help. Im using photoshop CS version 8. Thanks soo much. Matt
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

Ctrl Click (or right click if you have a two button mouse) go to Open With -> other. Select Photoshop and check the box to always open files of this type with the progarm

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
50trimtsi

Quote:
Originally Posted by trpnmonkey41
Ctrl Click (or right click if you have a two button mouse) go to Open With -> other. Select Photoshop and check the box to always open files of this type with the progarm

Thanks. That worked. Is there any way to make it pull the picture up right away too? Or just the program. Right now since I just set it. PSD's for instance will open photoshop when I double click them, but the picture wont come up on the screen only the program opens. Any idea? Thanks for the help already. And potential future help:-D
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

Unless your photoshop isn't installed properly or missing help files it should open up the picture immediately

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
TTheInfamous1

TTheInfamous1 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Dual 1.8GHz Power Mac G5; 1GB SDRAM; 160GB Serial ATA; 20 inch Cinema Display

It should open the photo in Photoshop once you click the image if that's how you set it. Try uninstalling Photoshop and reinstalling it. It just may be installed incorrectly.

TJ
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« PC backgrounds | need help with password and user name »