New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

mac and outlook express

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

zork18

Hey peps....

Well my mom is having problems with her outlook express, and she is on a Mac verson 9.1 and her Outlook express is 5.02

She is having problems mass mailing (no not spam..she works in a newsletter)

You see, when she sents out the newsletter, sometimes over a half of the people in the e-mail list gets the newsletter..and some people dont...and other times...the other half gets it and the other other half dont!>.so its ver fursterating......and all of those e-mails that my mom using, has been confermed

Also she dosnt get any mailer demon fro the people who didnt get the e-mail....so she has no way of knowing if they got it or not

Any tips on how to send mass mailings using outlook express??? or any good programs out there to help my mom? thanks a bunch people
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

This is a guess, since I don't use outlook express. Is there a limit on the number of e-mail addresses a person can create in a mailing list in outlook express?

What you might try is split the list in have and then send out two mailings.
QUOTE Thanks
zork18

qute from my mom..........

i tried sending them out in 50-people batches - no go --- so i tried 25 -
some got them, some didn't..
Grrrr....

so that didnt do the trick
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

I'm with you Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Hopefully there is someone here uses outlook express. I use the mail application, aka mail.app.
QUOTE Thanks
zork18

tell me about that...me..i am a pc lover...DONT GANG UP ON ME!....but i am just tryihg to relay this info back to my mom...she is a mac geek...

so what is this mail applicatoin, mail.app...is it capalbe of sending alot of e-mails?
QUOTE Thanks
rman

The mail.app is the standard mail program in Unix, or in this case Mac OS X.
QUOTE Thanks
zork18

alas...she has os 9.1
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Microsoft releases Windows Media Player 9 for OS X | word 2001 menu bars »