Internet not working on bootcamp
    Hi everyone, I have been searching the forum for awhile and though I have seen several problems similar to mine none have been the exact same. I recently partitioned my hard drive and installed Windows 7 everything was going smoothly until I tried to use my internet. It gave me an error message about drivers or something. My internet works fine on the Mac side the problem is only Windows. I am running on Snow Leopard. I used a Mac OS X Installation disk version 10.6.2 though it is not the one that came with my computer. I think it came with my moms or something. Regardless any help or insight you can give me would be great. Thanks in advance!

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    The OS X system discs are tailored to the machine they're sold with, including the Boot Camp drivers. You'll need to find YOUR system disc. Once you do, you can pop it in while running Windows and it should walk you through installing the drivers.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Alright thanks. Just one question though. The disk seemed to install the drivers fine, so did it just install drivers that wouldn't work or what?

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by Wumbo View Post
    Alright thanks. Just one question though. The disk seemed to install the drivers fine, so did it just install drivers that wouldn't work or what?
    It probably skipped the network adapters altogether, not having the drivers. Check Device Manager and see if there's any items listed with a "!" next to them.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

Yea that seems to be the problem. There are a couple of exclamation points there. To fix this all I would need to do is reinstall the drivers with my installation disk?

Specs:
    I would uninstall the Boot Camp software package from the control panel in Windows and then re-install using your own disc.

When it's all done, be sure to the Apple Software Update program from within Windows to get up-to-date.

Thread Information