New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

Internet not working on bootcamp

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Wumbo

Wumbo is on a distinguished road

Hi everyone, I have been searching the forum for awhile and though I have seen several problems similar to mine none have been the exact same. I recently partitioned my hard drive and installed Windows 7 everything was going smoothly until I tried to use my internet. It gave me an error message about drivers or something. My internet works fine on the Mac side the problem is only Windows. I am running on Snow Leopard. I used a Mac OS X Installation disk version 10.6.2 though it is not the one that came with my computer. I think it came with my moms or something. Regardless any help or insight you can give me would be great. Thanks in advance!
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

The OS X system discs are tailored to the machine they're sold with, including the Boot Camp drivers. You'll need to find YOUR system disc. Once you do, you can pop it in while running Windows and it should walk you through installing the drivers.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
Wumbo

Alright thanks. Just one question though. The disk seemed to install the drivers fine, so did it just install drivers that wouldn't work or what?
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wumbo View Post
Alright thanks. Just one question though. The disk seemed to install the drivers fine, so did it just install drivers that wouldn't work or what?
It probably skipped the network adapters altogether, not having the drivers. Check Device Manager and see if there's any items listed with a "!" next to them.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
Wumbo

Yea that seems to be the problem. There are a couple of exclamation points there. To fix this all I would need to do is reinstall the drivers with my installation disk?
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

I would uninstall the Boot Camp software package from the control panel in Windows and then re-install using your own disc.

When it's all done, be sure to the Apple Software Update program from within Windows to get up-to-date.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Best Linux on Mac? Best Way to Install? | 0x80070017 error during the installation of windows 7 64 bit on imac 27-inch, Late 20 »