New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

Screen resolution/ratio on 27in imac

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

masteryoda

masteryoda is on a distinguished road

Hi all,

Recently installed windows with bootcamp and my resolution looks funny on Windows. I did the whole preferences/screen resolution routine but all the choices still makes everything look smashed and stretched. I can't seem to find a way to display windows in widescreen. I updated my drivers and nothing happened and i have the apple updater and it doesn't have anything either?

Ideas?
QUOTE Thanks
TimB2

TimB2 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.93Mhz Quad core i7 8Gb 2Tb OSX SL latest

Hi,

I don't know if it is quite the same problem as you have, but you might find my ealrier thread interesting:

Screen resolution problem 27in iMac with Bootcamp

There were a number of things that I tried, eventually getting to a situation where I had a 1600x1200 non-stretched screen leaving black edges. It was workable, although a shame to loose the full width of my 27in. Then I unplugged a Mini DVi - VGA adapter and full service was resumed.

Obviously the software and driver fixes I tried were for the Ati Radeon graphics adapter that I have and yours may be different. I suggest you read the thread to the end, if you think it might be relevant.

Hope you get it sorted.

Tim
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Mac can't see windows | Portable, Bootable Ubuntu on USB Drive »