New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

virtual pc

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

kinaiahi61

I'm a new Mac convert and was wondering if something isn't Mac compatible, could it be run on virtual pc instead. I just got my G4ibook and my video camera that I was hoping to use with it isn't compatible. It says that I need windows. Large oversight on my part, but I don't want to part with the mac, so will virtual pc be able to take the sony driver and download video from my camera??? Any insight is greatly appreciated!
QUOTE Thanks
DCraver

DCraver is a jewel in the roughDCraver is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iMac G5

What kind of camera is it?
It should work...
QUOTE Thanks
kinaiahi61

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCraver
What kind of camera is it?
It should work...
Its a Sony DCR-IP220, and from what I found on the net, its not compatible with Macs, manual for the camera only references windows. Aloha
QUOTE Thanks
macAttack

macAttack is a jewel in the roughmacAttack is a jewel in the roughmacAttack is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iBook

it should work fine, have you tried it in imovie or bluetooth file utility? Macs usually don't need drivers from a cd, they're all installed, the CD you have is probably software to use with the camera that you don't need on a mac
QUOTE Thanks
kinaiahi61

when I plug the firewire in, there is no recognition of the camera. I went to idvd to try and just burn what was on the camera, but nothing happened. I couldn't find anything that would recognize the camera, so I thought that the ibook couldn't recognize the sony. Then I saw on the net, its not mac compatible???? shouldn't something pop up or I be able to see something on the screen or somewhere recognizing the camera? Its the same with my HP printer, no mac driver for it either, its a v40xi, searched to no avail for a mac driver.
QUOTE Thanks
kinaiahi61

I tried in imovie and its telling me "the attached camera uses a different video format than you project's format. To use this camera, disconnect any other tape-based cameres, then create a new, empty project." I just opened up new projects and its telling me this. The projects are new and empty, just don't think this'll work. Thanks for the input and help.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Running application in Classic | Running Linux »