Specs:
    mbp2.2G core2D, 4g ddr2, 750g, 1TB external, 80g I-Pod,iPad2 16g
    Parallels KILLS Bluetooth on Lion
    I rarely use XP these days, only to check that a web site looks ok on Microsoft IE and to back up my Nokia to PC Suite.

However, first time syncing since installing Lion, I have found that XP/Parallels breaks the Bluetooth on my MBP. What I mean is that although Bluetooth works under Lion fine, and I can transfer pictures via it - when I start Parallels and try to use the still running bluetooth the Bluetooth ceases to function.
    When I click onto the Bluetooth sign on the Applications Shelf at the bottom of the screen it says that there no Bluetooth device on the computer!!!

The only way to re-instate it is to Re-start the computer.

So what's going on?

Specs:
    15" MacBook Pro 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5
    Isn't there a way to choose where you want to use your bluetooth? As in you choose between Paralells or Mac? I believe it was in the Parallels configuration, same as choosing whether you want USB connected devices to operate on Parallels or Mac.

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarek View Post
    Isn't there a way to choose where you want to use your bluetooth? As in you choose between Paralells or Mac? I believe it was in the Parallels configuration, same as choosing whether you want USB connected devices to operate on Parallels or Mac.

Yes, you're right. Under preferences in Parallels 7 you can chose the usb controller to work with the virtual disc, so I can connect my Nokia by usb cable now.
    However the problem comes when you try to use bluetooth because you are told that certain Apple drivers are needed and that they are on the OSX installation disc. OK when I had Snow Leopard but now with downloaded Lion.....what do I do?

Specs:
    2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.11, 8 GB mem, iPhone 6+
    Something else may be going on here> I have an XP Bootcamp partition that is the basis for a Parallels installation. Even under Parallels Bluetooth seems to be functioning OK on my 2008 MacBook Pro.
    Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

"Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling

Specs:
    The message "Cannot use the connection type. Check that all the needed hardware, software and drivers are available" comes up in PC Suite when I try to check Bluetooth in Nokia Connection Manager. I have reinstalled the Parallels Tools and restarted XP and still got the same result.

Needless to say bluetooth works fine under Lion but for this process I have tried it switched off and switched on. When it is previously 'on' that is when Parallels/XP 'breaks it'.

Are the drivers on the XP disc...I think not, with Parallels or with OSX? If it is the latter then I think, then, that I am stuffed as I bought Lion as a download.

Or have you got an idea?

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    Blue Tooth drivers should be provided by Parallels. Once XP is virtualized and running under Parallels all device drivers are Parallels derived not OS X. If you're having difficulty getting your Nokia to pair, I suggest posting the problem in the Parallels user forums where perhaps someone can offer a solution.

Thread Information