New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

Bootcamp and windows 7

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Sue L

Sue L is on a distinguished road

Hi Guys,
My first post here, I am running Windows 7 on Bootcamp and keep getting blue lines on the top of my screen, does anyone have any advice?
Thank you in advance.
QUOTE Thanks
Tarek

Tarek has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5

What do you mean by getting blue lines on the top of your screen? Can you include a picture, perhaps, or something that would clarify that? Thank you.
QUOTE Thanks
Sue L

These are the blue lines, they come and go!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg _I2I9974.JPG (80.6 KB, 44 views)
QUOTE Thanks
Tarek

That's weird. I have a distorted video card on my older MacBook Pro yet I never got that. Does it happen on Mac OS as well or just on Windows?
QUOTE Thanks
Sue L

Just on the Windows side, they come and go and are really annoying!!! Don't know what it is!!!
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, iPhone 4, 3 iPods, OS X 10.9.2

Update your video drivers from within Windows 7. What you're experiencing is banding and that's usually caused by improper video drivers. We know the graphics chipset is OK because it runs fine in OS X.
QUOTE Thanks
Sue L

Quote:
Originally Posted by chscag View Post
Update your video drivers from within Windows 7. What you're experiencing is banding and that's usually caused by improper video drivers. We know the graphics chipset is OK because it runs fine in OS X.
Thank you for your reply, how would I do that? I am not so good with computers!
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, iPhone 4, 3 iPods, OS X 10.9.2

If you tell us the year and model of your Mac, we can figure out which graphic chipset is installed and then direct you to a download site. In the meantime, however, use the Boot Camp control panel item in Windows 7 to run the Apple software update. The software update (has to be run from Windows) should download and install the latest drivers for you from Apple.
QUOTE Thanks
Sue L

My Mac was bought brand new, this year, it is a 2.8GHz intel core 17
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

OK, thanks for posting back. The info you provided helps....

When you first ran the Boot Camp Assistant, it should have asked you to download a driver set from the Apple site and then burn it to a disk. Did you do that?

You have a late model Mac (so do I). Drivers are only available from Apple direct and of course the only version of Windows that can be installed is Windows 7. You need the driver set from Apple burned to a disk. Insert the disk while Windows 7 is running and it should install all the correct drivers for you automatically.

Let us know.
QUOTE Thanks
Sue L

Thank you so much for your advice, someone install Bootcamp for me and I don't recall a disk, however, am I able to get the driver set from Apple?
Thank you for your time.
Sue L
QUOTE Thanks
Tarek

Chscag already answered that question earlier. To quote him:
Quote:
When you first ran the Boot Camp Assistant, it should have asked you to download a driver set from the Apple site and then burn it to a disk.
If you haven't done that, just insert your Mac OS DVD while running Windows, open it, and you'll find a Boot Camp folder which has a "setup" file inside it.
QUOTE Thanks
Sue L

Thank you so much for your help, I am getting there...
I have found the disc, run it, on the disc there are 3 options,
1, Remote install Mac os ox
2, DVD or CD Sharing
3, Bootcamp drivers.

I am running the Bootcamp drivers and it keeps saying " The installer encountered errors before Bootcamp could be configured, to retry these operations at a later date, please run the installer again".

When I re-run it, it just says the same!!!
QUOTE Thanks
SammySlim

SammySlim is a jewel in the roughSammySlim is a jewel in the rough

Are you running the disc from within Windows?
QUOTE Thanks
Sue L

Yes, opening Windows, then running the disc.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Windows Media Center work through bootcamp? | track pad and Bootcamp issues »