New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

Windows 7 on Blackbook Driver issues

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

droc009

droc009 is on a distinguished road

I have an Apple Blackbook, 2 gigs of ram and a 2.4ghz processor running windows 7 64-bit and leopard. I can't seem to get ANY drivers to work on Windows 7 for my keyboard, track pad, bluetooth, etc. I also have no sound. Other than that it is working fine. If you have any solutions thatd be great.
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10.1, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

What version of OSX are you running? What OSX DVD are you inserting to get the drivers?
QUOTE Thanks
droc009

The disc just says "Mac OSX Install Disc 1 and 2" I believe it is like version 10.5.4? Also called leopard?
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

There are no 64 bit drivers for Windows 7 on your Leopard disk. You will have to upgrade to Snow Leopard which has Boot Camp version 3. Once version 3 is installed you can then download 3.1 and 3.2 from Apple for additional drivers.

Also, Window 7 32 bit likewise is not supported on the Leopard disk although some of the drivers may work.
QUOTE Thanks
droc009

Thats garbage. When does Lion come out lol?
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by droc009 View Post
Thats garbage.
How do you figure? 10.5 was released back in 2007... well before Windows 7 was a glimmer in Microsoft's eye.

Quote:
When does Lion come out lol?
No one knows yet, but all signs point to a late summer release.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
droc009

I was joking.......Just being frustrated. Any idea on a price range?
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by droc009 View Post
I was joking.......Just being frustrated. Any idea on a price range?
Since 10.7 is a "feature" release, it will likely stick with the standard price, which is generally $129.

10.6 was kind of the exception, because it wasn't a full feature release (more of a performance enhancement over 10.5). You can still get it for $29, but if you intend to do that, you'll want to do it soon. Once 10.7 is out, those $29 discs will be hard to come by.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
droc009

Yeah i think it will be best if i wait? My friend got Snow Leopard and said it wasn't that big of an improvement.
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10.1, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

I do not care what anyone else says about this. 10.6 here on many systems is quite an improvement Speed and performance wise over Leopard. I have compared them side by side and would not go back to 10.5 if I had to.

At $29 if you own Leopard, it's a deal. I see no new features in 10.7 so far that really impress me. I especially don't want or care for the IOS interface additions. Keep IOS on a touch device. Maybe there will be other things that will show up in 10.7, but so far not that impressed with most of the announced features.

If I were you, I would get the $29 10.6 DVD as you own 10.5 and install your Windows 7.
QUOTE Thanks
droc009

I just cant justify buying something for 30 bucks then replacing it in three or so months.
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

Don't replace it! Look at the 10.7 features so far. Anything there you need?

It's going to break some of my software and games that need Rosseta as it will no longer come with Rosetta and no way to ever install it. I can't afford to buy expensive new versions of some software I use daily just to use 10.7 so will stick with 10.6. It's a fine OS.

http://www.apple.com/macosx/lion/

I really don't want the IOS launcher, I don't like the layout of Mail 5. Looks like my iphone. What works on the iPhone and iPad I don't want on my desktop computer's email client.

In the end it's up to you what you end up doing, but 10.6 is a solid OS.

I hope in the end apple changes it's stance on Rosetta in 10.7 as it will hurt nothing and maybe adds some features that will draw me in.
QUOTE Thanks
SammySlim

SammySlim is a jewel in the roughSammySlim is a jewel in the rough

Look at it as $29 to get your drivers. Considering you can't really get your install to work any other way, it's really a fee to "fix" things. Whether you buy 10.7 is up to you but given how long you held onto 10.5 why worry about it? First versions are usually not worth upgrading to anyway ... just my two cents.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« I need some serious help quickly regarding bootcamp | VMware Fusion or Parallels Desktop for Mac »